New to the RS Family

Home Forums General Newbie New to the RS Family

• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by GM.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

will147
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Hi,

Just changed to the RS having previously owned a FK2 Civic Type R.

I have the car about 5 weeks but really have not had the time to get some driving time other than back and forwards to work.

Now with the lockdown, getting out seems even more remote!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@william, hi and welcome congratulations enjoy and happy RS’ing when the lockdown is over

Honorary Member

will147
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Thanks Bobcat.

Hopefully it wont be too long….

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome ?

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Will. Hope you get to enjoy the RS some more very soon.

NB FPM375

faber
    Participant

France

Welcome among us, the RS as fun, strongly the end of confinement to take advantage of the beautiful roads of the Var.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to the forum Will, enjoy your RS, hopefully many smiles to the mile. ?

will147
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Thanks folks.

Bit of insight into why i bought the RS.

I decided i would like to scratch an itch and being a Honda fanatic was finding it hard to comprehend even driving another Brand. Even the Lawnmower is a Honda!!

Anyways, i liked the idea of proper 4 wheel drive and a few more Horses to add plus i wasnt struck on the styling of the New FK8 Civic Type R.

After a few months searching i found what i was after and then took the long journey from N.Ireland to Southampton to trade vehicles (M6 is hectic)

and back home again. As i said above i have not had enough driving time as yet where i can inform you all of which i think is best, the FK2 Type R or the RS but hopefully in the not too distant future i can add to this…..

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to the club ?

RS GRA
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome fella ??

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@will147

Hello and Welcome to the Club mate!!

You’ve made an excellent choice… ??.

You’re not the first one to join this Forum after leaving a Honda and come here!! Be interesting to hear you’re thoughts (when you finally get out in the RS for a proper blast), after all this COVID-19 shite has passed??

Don’t expect any mind blowing straight line speed from this fat little burger munching tart… lol… but what she lacks in straight line performance she more than makes up for going round bends…!!! I’ve never driven a car like it, ??.

Have you any Mods planned?? ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Hi matey and welcome.

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on how both cars compare. As @brembo says, the RS is not built for straight line speed (although quick enough for me) it’s the twisties where it shines.

will147
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Hi Folks,

I find the car already quicker of the mark than the Type R but it feels as if the Honda was more fierce if you can understand.

As for mods i wanted the car to have fpm375 from new along with being one of the last RS Cars to be made. This made it a bit harder to source but i got there in the end. It also came with a Milltek Exhaust System which the neighbours love to hear every morning..lol

As for more mods going forward i’m not too sure, as i’ve always found that its money lost when it comes to selling.

At the minute i’m getting 28mpg which is about what i expected. What are you guys achieving at the min?

ciderboys
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to the club – great club and brilliant helpful (if required) members

I am sure once the lockdown is over your RS will more than reach your expectations. Its a great car.

Just watch out for speed camera’s and blue lights as the speed can sometimes creep up on you 🙂

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Will, welcome to the firm. You won’t be disappointed.

Edition, FPM 375

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New to the RS Family. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!