New Top Gear Presenters Announced

Home Forums General Non RS Chat New Top Gear Presenters Announced

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

What do you think of the new Top Gear line up?

New Top Gear Presenters

Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff join Chris Harris for new series in 2019.

Following Matt LeBlanc’s announcement that he will leave TG after the next series, we’re proud to announce that comedian and entertainment host McGuinness, along with former Ashes-winning England cricketer Flintoff, will join Chris Harris for Series 27 of Top Gear TV.

Rory Reid will step down from the main presenting line-up, but will remain part of the Top Gear family, along with Sabine Schmitz. He’ll continue to be the face of TG’s companion show Extra Gear, and will form the heart of a larger digital presence for the show.

“Getting the Top Gear gig is a real honour,” McGuiness said. “To be hosting a show I’ve watched and loved from being a small boy is beyond exciting. Top Gear fans worldwide are a passionate bunch and I consider myself one of them.

“Now let’s start up this Great British machine and see what it can do,” he added.

Flintoff said: “It’s not often you have the chance to do both of your dream jobs, but I’m now lucky enough to say I will have. I’ve always been passionate about cars and I’m so excited to be joining the Top Gear team.”

Chris Harris added: “I think you can tell just how much fun we’re going to have making Top Gear with Paddy and Freddie. They’re both brilliant, natural entertainers – and their mischief mixed with the most exciting cars on the planet is sure to take the show to the next level.

“My dream job just got even better.”

Series 26 of Top Gear TV – Matt LeBlanc’s last as lead host – will debut in early 2019 on BBC Two, followed by Paddy, Freddie and Chris’s all-new Series 27 later in the year.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hope they are going to be a good laugh ?

Honorary Member

rssmiley
    Participant

UK - England

They will be funny but their car knowledge will be Zero

Owner of Nitrous Blue mk3 & Focus RS mk1.

tiger-shark
    Participant

UK - England

I watched a interesting interview with Clarkson who said something along the lines of:

When Hammond had his rocket car crash, they already had filmed all the feature film sequences. Therefore when they went to air that’s all the could show. The viewing ratings went up massively, and (in my opinion this is where it all went wrong for Top Gear) the production company thought that was great.

So they started doing more of the stupid comedy sketch features rather than proper car features. This is when Top Gear became an Entertainment show and not a show about cars. That was the death of Top Gear for me.

Top Gear need to stop trying to be the Grand Tour; they never can be, none should they want to be. Top Gear was always about the cars and car reviews, not films about how many different ways you can blow up a caravan.

As a freeview viewer only, I really hope they make the show good again, but don’t hold much hope.

Wanna-be RS Owner. Have the passion just not the funds.

tiger-shark
    Participant

UK - England

Reports like this do not help 🙂

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/694719/freddie-flintoff-can-t-fit-in-lamborghini-andrew-car-england-cricket-news

Wanna-be RS Owner. Have the passion just not the funds.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Agree @tiger-shark

They are now trying to emulate what Clarkson etc eas but always looks forced and scripted now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Top Gear Presenters Announced. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!