New wheel nuts

Home Forums Styling Wheels New wheel nuts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

kevlcfc
    Participant

UK - England

Fitted my new black wheel nuts brought from the club shop today. Think they are a nice matching touch for the forged wheels. Also my original ones had swollen 3 of which were a pain to remove.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Hi there kevitfc are they a solid nut , or are like like fords crap capped one , was thinking of getting my self, and wanted some feed back . Did ย you go all hog a buy full set and lock nuts with caps , ยฃ100 , bit steep , but if a solid nut it justifies the price , take Care ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

kevlcfc – did you check that the captive washer isn’t loose? I bought a similar set and the washer just spun even after tightening to the recommended torque.

tyrefitter – have those chipped during fitting?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I got the same ones as @tyrefitter will paint my locknuts when i have chance.

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

No RS77,they are fine & ive had them off & on a few times since fitting them.

Andy.

Red Edition.

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Gloss black spray paint.

Andy.

Red Edition.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Tyrefitter.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Id get the ยฃ20 ones done up with torque wrench spot on! because of price i bought a second set for spare, no loose washer on them same as the newer ford ones, all one pieceย ๐Ÿ˜†

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I got a set of these black one’s from ebay, they are serviceable and reasonable quality. For me the club shop one’s are a bit pricy ยฃ89 if you want lockers with the nuts.

Coastliner

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

others on here reported the solid ones arrived loose in a jiffy bag and chipped paint.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Yeah mine had little marks from transit, i flagged elsewhere also. When on cant see them tho, its more like an anodised finish rather than paint to them but on steel… For the cost its not really an issue

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Take good care of those black nuts!

kevlcfc
    Participant

UK - England

@mandiscatterbrain they are a solid nut with a floating washer. Didn’t get the locking wheel nut covers as I’m happy with the black locking nuts that came with it. Massive saving of 10 quid๐Ÿ˜‚.

The nuts on tyrefitters link seem a good buy. Maybe I should have had a look at those and saved myself a few more quid ๐Ÿ™„ never mind.

@nicklulu
    they will defiantly be well looked afterย  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

@kevlcfc , ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New wheel nuts. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!