NEWBIE from Aylesbury

Home Forums General Newbie NEWBIE from Aylesbury

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Nigel (AKA Grumpy Papa)

Ordered June 16 just had dealer (Kiddlington Oxford) update with  expected(Hopeful) delivery Mid March 17  Ordered   NB, plus all extras apart from shell seats, (but was too early to get Winter pack, and dealer recommends not too, as it may Push back the Order )

I don’t know how he can say this date I achievable as all the “chat” regarding Delivery time / Date from Fords is rubbish.

However, would be good to come before April VIN Duty increase.

Have to now get Garage built in garden to ensure a safe home .

Can anyone say if the Mountune 375 Upgrade Kit, part  regarding the Security CODE Function will negate an additional Security purchase. I intend Steering Lock, and Ground Anchors on Drive and in garage Floor, but will still have to Park away from home at some stage .

Will keep updated about delivery accordingly

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Nigel,

Welcome, not sure if I am understanding what you are saying about your order regarding Winter pack. However my story is ordered November 15, don’t have the car yet but it has been built and is in Transit. I added the winter pack back in June when it became available and its sown on my build on ETIS. It may have delayed me getting my car but surely wouldn’t affect your order. Hope I got my message across.

Coastliner

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Stephen,

Thanks, I might get brave and discuss adding to Order.

Thanks,

Nigel

Adie
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Nigel

I also got my car from Kiddlington last month, it was a cancelled order in the spec i wanted so luckily no wait.

I was told that there are two cancelled orders arriving imminently,  may be worth a look if you’very been waiting a long time.

The salesman I dealt with was Richard Brewer, he was very helpful.

All the best.

Ade.

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Adie.

The dealer offered me A 2000 mile second hand finance return car, but wanted FULL list price.

I said I would wait until new year (new reg)

I am am also in process of getting a garage built to store it.I have had 4 new cars over last 12 years, and every one has been hit parked out side my house Drive only big enough for one car and as missus has a nearly new smax titanium x sport this has to go on drive.

My Only problem now is I have to go through planning at council for permission to link to neighbours existing drive and drop curve.

I plan to go to dealer between Xmas and new cars year to discuss my car plus have a proper test drive.

Nigel

Adie
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Nigel

The cancelled orders arriving at Kiddlington are new, I think that being offered a second hand 2000 mile vehicle for new money is a disgrace and I would have walked away as well. When your paying this much full price means new car not used, however nice it may be.

I think your wise building a garage to keep your new RS in when you get it, i’ve already heard of several cars being taken from driveways.  I will be looking into the ghost immobiliser very shortly, the car already has a tracker and disc lok. Better to be safe than sorry.

Merry Christmas.

Ade.

RobDunn
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi all, just joined the forum.

I ve just picked up my new RS, which I love. I think the delivery thing is just hype from the dealers. I ordered my car the Thursday before last and picked it up last Monday, the dealer had 3 in stock (supposed cancelled orders ) . They had various colours and all good spec.

Hopefully this is not the story everywhere as it won’t help second hand values. Anyway don’t pay list for a used car.

Merry Christmas

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Update from Aylesbury.

Spoke again to dealer, and forced the issue regarding winter pack.

I asked BIM to check if it could be added without a new order being raised.

He confirmed within hour.Added

Going to see him this week to have a proper test drive and add service contract and extended warranty.

As they are also mountune centre will talk about this as well.

Grumpypappa

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to NEWBIE from Aylesbury. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!