Newbie from Perth Aus

Home Forums General Newbie Newbie from Perth Aus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Grant Barwick
    Participant

Australia

Hi ordered my Rs 2 months ago but got to wait till next April 2017 to take ownership due to on a couple a month coming into Oz. Looking forward to it

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

We’re in the exact same boat. Two down, (possibly) ten to go. What spec did you choose?

Grant Barwick
    Participant

Australia

Ordered top spec with the black wheels in nitos blue. Were in perth you based? And what did you order? When did they give you a estimate for collecting th rs.

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I’m from Wales, mate. I went for white, shell, forge, callipers, sync 2. I was told ‘about a year.’

Richard Churchill
    Participant

Australia

Grant, if you want to have a close look at one, Lynford in Osborne Park have a Nitrous blue one in the showroom

RS @ Lynford

RS @ Lynford

Jozelvis
    Participant

Australia

I was at Lynford this morning, it really looks much better in the flesh. I’m only getting mine around Sept 16. I sat in the drivers seat and I must admit the seating position is way high, half an inch between head and roof.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Johan, wow, really? half an inch clearance between your bonce and the headlining?? How tall are you, 6 foot 4 or something? Ive heard a lot of people say that with the CS shell seats ‘in the early days’ as it were, but I thought as it had gone kind of quiet on that subject that ford had put a quick fix in production that made the seat  a bit lower ( but still not adjustable) Sounds like you need the std Recaros with height adjust then ?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Jozelvis
    Participant

Australia

I’m 6 foot 2, you would think they can address it, I didn’t check if maybe there was a “slotted” adjustment in the base. We don’t get the option of standard seats in Aus will have to order in. I cant say if it is much of an issue until I’ve driven it

Grant Barwick
    Participant

Australia

Its not that bad im 6ft3 and had enough room above my head didnt feel cramped. Seating is a little high but you will get over it pretty quickly. Just got to remeber its a hatchback at the end of the day. Cant wait to get mine come in april 2017

nauli
    Participant

Australia

I’m 6’2″ and picked mine up from McInerney Ford last week….seat height is fine (though could be lower)…much the same as in my old MK2 RS.

I took it out to the track on the weekend (RAC) and it’s fine with my helmet on too.

On a side note, I believe Lynford are looking for $64,990 on that one shown above…..

Richard Churchill
    Participant

Australia

MV Faust @ Fremantle 10/07/2016

Somewhere in there is my Nitrous blue RS! Getting closer!! 10,000 miles and it was two hours late!!!

On another note, just wondering who’s Nitrous RS my eagle eyed son spotted as we drove home from Freo. They were travelling southbound on West Coast highway around City Beach area at 17.30(ish)?!!!

Richard Churchill
    Participant

Australia

RS on my drive.

Here is my Nitrous RS, which was collected from Lynford last week. The only aspect of the car I wasn’t sure about pre delivery was not having the black forged alloys. I must say now though, the standard wheels have grown on me! After seeing the black forged ones in the flesh, I came to the opinion the spokes are “Thin” for my taste. The worst case scenario would be to paint the standard ones black….but I don’t think there will be any need for that!!

I’m up to 700kms already and thoroughly enjoying driving it!

Here are just a few learnings for prospective owners;

Don’t bother with the “My key” facility at all. If you activate one of your key fobs as a “My key,” it will not allow the drive mode to select anything but normal mode.

After three days, we got static coming through the speakers, which sounded like escaping compressed air. I couldn’t get rid of it initially. After a few phone calls I found the solution is to; turn off the ignition. Get out of the car lock it up, go and have a capuccino, and then return to the vehicle and start again. This procedure seems to “Reset” the stereo. Its been as good as gold since then.

Awesome machine!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Richard Churchill . Oh thats nice ! I think the std rims look great too, they almost seem ‘bigger’ and appear to fill the arches out better! plus for normal folk they hide a lot of the brake disc and caliper, which after a while wont look nice unless you are an avid detailer and fiddle around cleaning with a tooth brush weekly to get the vast amounts of brake dust off! Plus, the black paint on the forged rims is very soft and scratches easily so for most folk they may deteriorate quickly, at least with the stds its just a quick wash and they are brand new again! Enjoy .

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

nauli
    Participant

Australia

Congratulations Richard….you’ve certainly put a few Km’s on it quickly. I’m in Perth too….my NB is at about 1000 and I’ve had it 4 weeks (delivered from McInerney Ford). Interestingly I had the very same “air hissing” sound through the front speakers (it’s actually just from the speaker under the dash top instrument binnacle) on day 2….and the same fix and it hasn’t returned! Ford Aust were unable to tell me what caused it. It’s an awesome car…enjoy! Here is the RS with my rally car…Cheers, Steve

nauli
    Participant

Australia

Richard…a question….does your car have the intercooler blanking plate attached (left hand side of grille opening in front of the intercooler)? Mine didn’t come with one and the dealer definitely did not remove it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Newbie from Perth Aus. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!