Newbie looking for advice

Home Forums General Newbie Newbie looking for advice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Ofah75
    Participant

UK - England

1. High all…have appt booked Monday with my usual ford dealer to order my RS.  Still now (on configurator now lol) struggling  with what colour/options so what’s a must have and what options should avoid ?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum.

If you are six foot or over I would stick to the standard seats. I am 6’1″ and find them really comfortable. Test drove one with the shell seats and my head was on the head lining. Winter pack is good if you want a bit of comfort on a cold morning. Black rims seem to have a brittle coating on them from what’s been posted on the forum. I have standard silver rims and blue brake calipers on a car with Nitrous Blue paint, I think it looks good to me. Door edge protectors well worth the money and collision avoidance, well it’s less than a front bumper paint touch up job was my reasoning. Hope this helps you. Any questions please ask.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’d go for the ltd edition Daniel unless you don’t like the colour ! and be quick, Ive read that Ford dealers have been told NO more factory orders to be taken, so you may have to get a cancelled or in stock car.  Must haves are surely the Lux Pack, sunroof, Shell seats and Forged rims, painted calipers, door protectors, city stop,  extended warranty and 3 year service pack !!  ( so in other words, tick all the boxes)  oh , and men don’t tick heated steering wheels!! 😎 You need to try the seats out for yourself regarding suitability, in my mind an RS has to have special seats and not ST seats, if you are over 6ft, a lowering kit will drop the seats 2 inches so no big worry there, if you are lazy getting in and out go for the STd seats as you may wear the Pukka Recaro CS seats bolsters a bit, watch if you are a bit thick/heavily built/ normal man size of 14stone + that if you try the STd seats , feel for their constant ‘pinching’ pressing’  round your waist/ kidneys as they are  (in my mind) only ok for slim/skinny sub 14 stoners also if you are a low maintenance sort of guy and just want to wash and go and not spend 10 minutes gently cleaning each forged rim to avoid loads of surface scratches, then go for the silver std rims. Apart from that, go order and enjoy.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

71bda is quite right for goodness sake get the service plan and extended warranty, I forgot them earlier.

Philb65
    Participant

UK - England

Get an SE Danel, comes with most options, the only ones you can choose is forged alloys and door protectors. Will be better on residuals and has the lsd,  carbon bits, no brainer in my opinion. Just need to like blue like me!

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

@red-leader, that’s strange, I’m 6ft 3″ and my head is no where near the head lining. Although my car has a sun roof, not sure if that makes any difference.

Actually as much as the shell seats look and feel great, if I was specifying a car again I would probably go for the standard Recaro’s.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi v8griff that is very odd, maybe my body is long on short legs, now you got me worried. ? I can’t remember if the demo car had a sun roof or not, I didn’t have one fitted in my car.

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I agree withV8 griff I am over 6 ft with shell seats no where near the head Lining.

Stick with the shell seats ?

adh1964
    Participant

UK - Wales

ive full pack except winter pack, nb, s/r, etc shells are great i keep them covered most of the time due to it being a daily driver, after the 3 year warranty you can get ford protect for £300.00 per year which will ive been told at my local dealer, will cover you for everthing plus you get ford assist for a year with your ford dealer service

jump-for-jesus
    Participant

UK - England

How did it go, Danny boy?

Ofah75
    Participant

UK - England

It didn’t, guy I deal with (have done last 7 new cars) left and dealer gave me a spotty newbie who had no idea about anything.  Don’t like dealing with Trustford as a dealership (next local dealer) so travelling further afield.  Not going for a LE car as want grey but calling a few dealers tomo to see if they have any slots or cars available, willing it travel so any dealer recommendations would be welcome.  Have locked spec down now so that’s a positive 🙂

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the update, please keep us all updated. What spec are you going for?

Ofah75
    Participant

UK - England

Going for lux pack, winter pack, painted callipers, door protectors, sunroof …keeping standard seats and colour is stealth.    Will also tick the extra warranty box as well.  Just read on here that some dealers are not taking new orders, hav ei left it to late ??

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

I do hope not, dealer will soon let you know. Nice spec. Got my fingers crossed for you. TrustFord are an odd bunch you got to find a sales person who knows his cars. Most of them are just worried about selling you something and making their numbers.

adh1964
    Participant

UK - Wales

Dan my local dealer Day’s of south Wales i was there last week and they had in stock 6 rs es three NB 1 mg 2 white 1 black all with different spec, i had my service done there too they are a very good dealer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Newbie looking for advice. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!