Newbie Question

Home Forums Regional Scotland Newbie Question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

snap1980
    Participant

UK - Scotland

So i signed on the dotted line for my RS today,

Its a Mountune 375 model so quite excited to be picking that up as soon as the paperwork is finalised and my trusty GTC VXR will go to someone new to care for.

Now i know its the Mountune 375 model that has not had the exhaust upgraded so question is while i’m spending money…

Is it worth it to do?

If so, where can i get it done in Scotland, ideally fairly central as i’m from Perth.

Cheers

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

In my humble opinion John the exhaust is simply larger in diameter and a bit louder, there are no real performance gains, the standard exhaust I think is loud enough with the valve open or if you have the valve delete fitted (ebay)

Come down to personal preference really

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

If you think standard exhaust is too quiet for you then its worth it as the Mountune one does sound good but won’t gain much in performance as @rsdom says. Could leave it as it is and see how you feel after a few months.

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Harrison Ford in Peebles is the only one listed by Mountune as official…..just check for updates though. My car is a daily driver, and on the motorway a fair bit…..loud enough for me. If I do change it in the future, after warranty, I’d look at a Miltek. As others have said, try it as is for a month or 2. Loads of other stuff you can spend your £1k on, I’m sure ?

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

exhaust theres the problem after a new release or updated exhaust its still out of stock ffs lol

colin at harrisons in Peebles they do a really good job. parks in stirling i believe also can fit mountune parts

snap1980
    Participant

UK - Scotland

cheers guys, will maybe hold off a wee bit.

the cars coming from parks in stirling so when i pick it up i’ll have a word with them there, didnt think to ask about it when i was in the dealership.

GForrest
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I have been speaking with WR Tuning up in Peterhead as I just had the car into them for the Revo stage 1 map, while there I was chatting to them about going stage 2 next year and a question I asked them was it worth while upgrading the exhaust systems? Their response was if the car is modified its always worth while upgrading the exhaust to a bigger bore Etc (as ford have to build to a budget) but the main thing to spend the money on is a sports CAT as this is where the performance gains can be found. I’ll be upgrading to the Milltek 200 cell cat on mine in the near future.

Hammy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

There is no point unless your de catted our a sports cat and a map to run the supporting mods.

Cat back is just more noise.

How many times has this been covered in any car fourm.

• Magnetic, Forge wheels, Edge Protectors , Lux Pack & Recaro Shell Seats
    • Dreamscience Imap Ultimate 3+
    • Dmb Gel Badges Nitrous Blue
    • Rallyflapz Kaylan Black 
    • Team Heko Wind defectors Dark 
    • Dreamscience turbo back exhaust with race car.
    • Airtec SSC Black
    • Airtec Stage 2 Air Intake Black & Nitrous Blue 
    • Airtec Rear Diffuser Black 
    • ST suspension 12.5mm spacers
    • Forge recirculating valve
    • yellow fog lights 
    • Airtec Nitrous Blue rear diff cooler 
    • 10% tint on rear lights 
    • Satin black window louver vents
    • Airtec short shifter set @ 40%
    • Valve delete mod
    • Bonnet struts 
    • Solid shifter bushes 
    • 1 step colder spark plugs NGK 
    • Engine dress up screw kit
    • body colour coded washer jets 
    • Airtec intercooler
    • Airtec boost pipes
    • Clubsport 4 point roll cage in nitrous blue
    • 3 point securon harness x2 
    • Driver side JCR lowered seat rail 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Newbie Question. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!