No GPS

Home Forums Technology Navigation No GPS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ergo
    Participant

UK - England

So, I’ve had RoScoe now for a couple of months and had a few intermittent Navigation fault error messages which generally cleared on the next start up. I updated Sync software and then got a no GPS error message after the Navigation fault.

So having checked threads on here and from other sources I gather the GPS unit is in the aerial mount and is prone to issues (water ingress). I have done a soft reset, master reset neither of which cleared it and then checked the GPS satellites and history in the testing menu which showed absolutely no data whatsoever.

I think I read another suggestion about disconnecting battery!?

Just wondering if there is a definitive method to identify the problem before deciding on a) new aerial unit or b) fakra replacement. Either way will probably have to go to either Ford or local garage as neither of us very handy and wouldn’t be confident trying to access it via roof panel.

Other Sync functions seem ok although the DAB radio info (ie show, now playing etc) has disappeared but phone and Wifi still connect. I’d be grateful for any thoughts or suggestions πŸ‘

MG no mods but flaps and a lovely new RS knob

Ergo
    Participant

UK - England

GPS is back πŸ‘

I know this isn’t an RS specific issue but the car I have is a Ford Focus that just happens to be an RS, having previously had an ST with no GPS issues.

So, after google research and watching numerous videos ordered a new GPS with fakra connector for less than a tenner. Modified a fork to remove the rear roof liner clips then involved hubby to unclip existing connector at bottom of aerial and fit new GPS unit now inside roof liner. It was very fiddly in a confined space trying not to bend roof liner.

Hubby said the bean counters must have overridden engineers on placement of GPS unit!!

Going to treat us to a paintmodz fin aerial after the event purely for aesthetics πŸ˜‰

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Good to hear you’ve got it sorted. What replacement fakra did you opt for?

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Ergo
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks @srea064 πŸ‘

A definite first world problem I know but annoying when you lose something you’ve got used to having.

Just ordered this from Spamazon as it got good reviews and mentioned a Focus in one of them.

Car GPS Active Antenna FAKRA Male Plug Connector Cable Antenna Receiver Transmitter Magnetic Base for Car DVD GPS Navigation https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P716QYK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_glt_fabc_Z4ZYF4H2EJXX5N3GDGC2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I’ll be able to find my way to Collins Performance now for a service before my warranty runs out πŸ˜‰

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Ruth, that’s good to know. Notice it is also magnetic so you can stick it to the roof itself. πŸ‘

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to No GPS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!