Noob

Home Forums General Newbie Noob

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Former RS Edition owner

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Andy that is a lovely restoration of an RD 350, is the caution getting into deep water sign a co-incidence or comment (with respect to restoring classic bikes)

anyone on here with a FSIE… Fizzy?…….

May the Ford be with you

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

4 out of 6, could add getting an Otto model with registration plate

Edition, FPM 375

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

@yorkirs ,deep water more like deep bloody pockets,going to keep looking over the winter for a bike to restore, The prices for NOS spares is ridiculous and the price for bikes that are shabby or downright knackered is bordering obscene, the bike in the picture was £999 in 1982 now fetching 7k,Had a FS1E at sixteen cost me £165 spent ages getting it to go faster(bit like an RS) if you want a FS1E you can pay upto 5K for a pristine one,But all the parts for FS1E are still available on e-bay.

Sorry to you non bike RS enthusiasts for non topic reminiscing /misspent youth.

Former RS Edition owner

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

My first foray into bikes was the Honda AP50, Honda’s answer to the FS1E and then a Honda A100.

Then followed by a small cc twin and still one of my favourites a coffin RD200 red and black. Then a string of bigger RD & LC bikes, and even bigger and faster followed.

Yes prices for restored bikes or not from the 70’s & 80’s have gone absolutely mental with prices and so have the spares to do them.

its the smell of a two stroke and the white knuckle after a longish ride oh the joy, actually good memories ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Noob. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!