now for something completely different..

Home Forums General Non RS Chat now for something completely different..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

good little 14 mins on the Vulcan bomber’s role in the Falklands and quite interesting details I never heard before…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@bda ?

I worked for a company who made the fun bits that go bang! This was the best of the lot ??

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Have a read of the book Vulcan 607 if you want to read about the whole mssion. Highly recommended.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, very interesting facts from the video, thanks for sharing ?

Honorary Member

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for posting, great video.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Remember when i was out with my dad and saw one of these flying. Was pretty farĀ  away, think was attending farnborough airshow. Was so loud and looked mega even from a distance. What a machine.

440bhp

443lbft

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I remember watching a pilot doing a “fast taxi ” demonstration down a runway, the plane was not allowed to fly as was not certified airworthy, so the pilot winds it up down the runway…. and what a surprise, the thing becomes airborne for 100 yards or so !! His excuse was that a gust of wind made it lift off ! He was in a bit of bother about it for a while ! thinking back, it may have been the other V bomber thing, the Victor tanker, but not sure !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by 71-bda.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

A good interesting watch bda. Thanks for posting.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

you’re welcome Tony.

heres the Victor tanker being naughty..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to now for something completely different... If you're not already a member then you can register for free!