Number plates

Home Forums General Newbie Number plates

• This topic has 19 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by tonys.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

sweater09
    Participant

UK - England

Hi there, new to the forum and have had my mk3 rs for three months now and love it. Looking to change the stock number plates and love the mountune ones but be damned if I’m paying £120 odd quid for the privilege. I notice on the forum about  DMB GRAPHICS I’ve looked them up and they are in Ledbury but not sure about the rear plate . Let me know your thoughts  cheers Dave

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome David, you’ll get lots of advice on here. But ultimately it’s down to your personal choice, as you have to live with it.

PS. Any pics of your car to share please

Honorary Member

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

I have the Mountune plates yes I agree little bit pricey but the quality is brilliant and very good fit no problems with the hot weather sticks like shit to a blanket ?

Fully forged running M400x

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I went for the fourdot zero plates. Pricey at 75 bucks but absolutely love them. They are the smallest legal plate you can have. They come with a little card with all the correct dvla info if you were to be stopped by the police.

440bhp

443lbft

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@MATT. B

I am sure any police that stop you for a number plate infringement will already know and have all the legal stuff in their brief case. If you start waving a card at them it will not be well received.

Coastliner

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Haha I’m not gonna come charging out the car waving it at them. It just has the relevant info should the police think they are not legal.

440bhp

443lbft

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Matt

Just check one thing along the bottom of the plate should have  BS 145D, if its not there it is not legal irrespective of it being the correct spacing and font.

Coastliner

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve just ordered the mountune ones, yes quite pricey but I’m fed up with the ones on my car and think they will look good, also I had a £50 voucher to use?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Not sure but I think DMB Graphics no longer do number plates…….     Unless anyone knows different.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Agree the mountune ones and their suppliers plates even though they look nice, I can’t see more than £40 a pair.

Way to rich for me and very very over priced

Should be £40 a pair yet another RS rip off item

Or £28 a pair justvto put into perspective

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner. All info present and correct.

440bhp

443lbft

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Matt

All good then. Looks very smart.

Coastliner

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers. Was horrified when I took the dealer plates off. Absolutely butchered the plastics behind. Why they screw into the bumper il never understand.

440bhp

443lbft

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Fortunately mine were fixed using double sided tape, but other cars that I have owned the plates have been cockeyed and screwed through plastic. The trouble is they give the job to a lad who is that used to fitting plates to fleet cars and eco boost fiestas where the owner is not picky.

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Number plates. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!