Oil type confusion

Home Forums Performance General Oil type confusion

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

robin-c
    Participant

UK - England

This is confusing, the supplementary  manual states oil type 0w-40 yet the oil cap states 5w-30!

What do other 18MY cars have on filler cap?

My car is 2018MY.

Also does anyone know how much oil volume is between lower and upper marks on dipstick roughly?

I will be doing what it says on the filler cap.

Nemechins133
    Participant

UK - England

That oil cap is off an ST.

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Focus RS supplement handbook would be my choice.  As stated above the oil cap is not really the way ahead as it could be a multi use item.   Supplement can be viewed on the Ford website and downloade if required.

robin-c
    Participant

UK - England

Why would Ford fit an oil cap on with incorrect the oil grade stated?

Common to the Focus ST or not surely if that was the mind set a plain cap would be provided by ford?

Just want to be sure I use correct grade. Quick call to Ford customer support maybe required, I don’t want to do anything potentially to invalidate my warranty.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

min to max is 0.8L I believe

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

The right spec off the service report is 0-W40 SLX, 6 liter. Don’t know about the min-max difference since I never used a single drop in 46,000 miles. Cheers 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

robin-c
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks 71-bda  – I shall add 300ml and the see where it gets to. It’s about half way between the two markers currently.

Decided that the concenous is 0w-40 so shall put some of the fancy Castrol Edge Titanium in for the time being, it’s not drastically going to effect rest of oil viscosity.

rog
    Participant

UK - England

robin-c
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Rog – The links are useful. I am using exactly the same Castrol as in your link.

rog
    Participant

UK - England

Edition oil cap.

rog
    Participant

UK - England

Bigger…

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

This is the recommended oil for the RS.</p>

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@red-leader

Yeah that’s the stuff mate!!

Just a quick heads up guys………

I just ordered 21 litres from Opie Oils, that’s 18 litres for next 3 oil changes (6 litres each change) and 3 litres for topping up.

£174 for 21 litres, when you register you get 10% off, so it was £156 for 21 litres which works out at £7.42 per litre!!

It works out even cheaper if you buy a 20 litre drum at £139.50 including 10% discount but I wanted it in 4 litre containers.

Don’t think you can get it any cheaper than that?? Well it’s the cheapest I’ve seen anyway. And it’s free delivery pretty much anywhere apart from up North where I live, I paid £11 delivery.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Oil type confusion. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!