Oil pressure gauge

Home Forums Performance General Oil pressure gauge

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lee Puttock
    Participant

United Kingdom

Evening everyone, after some help if possible please?

I’ve had my car almost two weeks and covered 500 miles,which has been great. But I’ve struck a problem…car sat on the drive for 4 days, went out and fired it up and the oil pressure was right around to 5 on the dial. I immediately turned the car off and checked oil levels, which are all where it should be. So fired the car back up and let the car get warm, as oil pressure will decrease once the oil is warm and it did drop back to the halfway mark. Am I being stupid in the fact that everyone’s car has a high oil pressure on start up and I’ve not realised until now, or do I have an issue?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

It is normal to have a high pressure from startup as the oil is thicker when cold and once it warms up, it thins out and the pressure drops.

Lee Puttock
    Participant

United Kingdom

I know it should be higher to start with, but it shouldn’t be sitting on 5 when you look at the dial should it? It’s going into the dealers tomorrow.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Let us know how you get on Lee. Better to be safe than sorry with oil pressure.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Ive heard someone say that it doesnt actually measure the true oil pressure and that it simply displays what the computer ‘expects ‘ it to be considering engine temp etc !! seems weird if its true, same as the boost gauge he said, it shows a reading that the ecu ‘expects’ the boost to be taking into consideration throttle position,  revs etc etc !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Oil pressure gauge. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!