Ordered and waiting – hello from Norwich!

Home Forums General Newbie Ordered and waiting – hello from Norwich!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

norwichrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

I ordered my RS a while ago and have been told the build date is in October – can’t wait! I’ve never owned a RS. To be honest I’ve owned a few EP3 Type R’s and it was a big decision to move over but really excited.

Is there a way of seeing where the process is regarding your car’s delivery?

Thanks

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Hello, Norwich. The process regarding delivery? Crossing your fingers, mate. ?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

You can get the VIN number (via dealer or @FordService) and track through ETIS

Then go to ETIS

Enter your 17 character VIN number into the “VIN Entry:” input box and click the “Search” button

norwichrs
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Kenny! I’ll give the dealership a ring ?

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi I ordered mine in late January, build date keeps changing backwards and forwards, last update I had last week was should be built in August for September delivery. Once it has been confirmed it normally takes a month to land in uk.!!?

Fully forged running M400x

howzer73
    Participant

UK - England

@FordRS doing the same coming from an ep3 civic I have had for the last 8 years.  Wasn’t fussed on the FN2 so stuck with my premier edition.  Thought I would definitely swap for the FK2 but again baulked once I saw it in the flesh.  Just doesn’t look right from certain angles and a bit OTT also being front wheel drive not giving me that much of a different driving experience (except more torque and speed obviously).  I promised myself if changing had to be very different and then I looked into the RS spec. Knew immediately had to go for it.  Ordered last Christmas and just issued with VIN and build date so the waiting is nearly over.

norwichrs
    Participant

UK - England

Howzer73 – same here skipped out on the fn2 and stuck with my premier edition. Test drove the fk2 and thought it was particularly good in some aspects such as gear change and all the safety extras that comes with the gt pack etc. Also liked the interior but the exhaust sound was non existent 🙁

so had to test drive the RS and that was that…

howzer73
    Participant

UK - England

I know the test drive was final confirmation I had made the right call.  The first roundabout had me hooked filtering onto a motorway slip in sport on full throttle.  Still brings a smile now and the exhaust noise is great considering just standard from the factory. Enjoy your car when you get it.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi to all RS owners just had update on my motor date has gone back, built date looking like September now but will give another call on August 15 to see if anything has changed, not the news I wanted to here.??? already having a s..t day.?

Fully forged running M400x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ordered and waiting – hello from Norwich!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!