Passenger ejector seat unexpected use of

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Passenger ejector seat unexpected use of

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

https://www.aerotime.aero/clement.charpentreau/24788-fighter-jet-crash-averted-by-defect-in-civil-ejection-incident

Q. And what did you do today love.

A. Eeeeeeer went for a flight courtesy of colleagues, bloody ejector seat went off, where is my clean undies………

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

WOW !! good find Yorks !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

martin-pedersen
    Participant

Denmark

Wow, just wow…

I used to work om F-16, at one time a pilot left it with canopy up.

It then startede raining, a firefighter saw it and called it in to the squadron on radio, they asked if he would close it, using and electric switch under a yellow handle…

So he goes to the cockpit, sees an yellow handle and activate it, but it was the wrong yellow handle, and bye bye goes canopy (only) =)

It removes it self in 0,9sec, due to explosions and to rockets, its big forces and noise, i would have crapt my pants…

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

I bet that poor passenger absolutely shite bricks when he pulled on that handle and wondered WTF was going on when he opened his eyes and saw no plane underneath him!

Sounds like he was unharmed so at least he has a good story for the pub!

A bit incomparable but I was a passenger in a land rover doing some offroading and got to the top of a very steep hill at the wrong angle. We both looked at each other and said, “oh shit, we’re going over” and we did. I reckon we did about 5-6 sideways ‘bouncing’ rolls before we stopped. I remember a bottle of coke exploding and a heavy duty shackle just missing my head (later found a guy got killed by a shackle cracking his skull in same type of accident). The roof had collapsed and was crushing the top of my head but thankfully the roll cage held. Fuel everywhere and smoke/steam flying about. Shouldn’t have moved really due to neck being hurt but no choice in that situation. Land rover was totalled though. Lived to fight another day…

NB FPM375

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Passenger ejector seat unexpected use of. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!