Petrol & Diesel. The Final Nail in the Coffin

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Petrol & Diesel. The Final Nail in the Coffin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Looks like the Age of the Turbo Petrol engine is coming to a definite end.

Hopefully I’ll still be kicking about to see this happen 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I doubt I’ll be driving by then. Politicians WHAT do they know they’ll bring the country to a grinding halt. Those with caravans will not be going anywhere, electric vehicles can’t pull them they would have to be hybrids of some sort. Car holidays will “could” come to an end electric vehicles need to much charging it’ll take forever to get anywhere……….

RANT OVER I’ll stop now before I implode

Honorary Member

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve always been of the opinion that battery technology is stifled by the companies producing them purely to retain profit.  The advances in the likes of household batteries over the last 25 years have been slow to say the least and for good reason – they know we need them and its a supply vs demand scenario.  Same with car engine technology – imagine the billions lost in tax and other revenues if we were all of a sudden to be given the cleanest, low emission engines they have – it would wreck all industries involved.   I dont belive for one second that the technology doesnt exist to see a car be able to drive 600 miles without a recharge.  Question comes down to how long will it take for us to be in receipt of this technology – like everything its drip fed to us well in arrears of the most current technology available to the manufacturers or at a huge cost to those who want it as soon as.

LPG was supposed to the first step in “cleaner more efficient” motorist but the super low prices didnt last that long and I dont see LPG in that many garages anymore.  As others have stated – zero emissions are not taxable (at least not at present) and the greedy government need to find a way of recouping what will be lost in VED and the criminal taxes on fuel and at the same time try to keep (what I consider to be the poorest maintained roads in Europe) in some kind of half decent condition without the money that pays for their upkeep.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

2040 eh? By then I will be navigated by an autonomous electric wheelchair that I control with my cyborg brain and have sex with my humanoid nursing robot 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Need to start building the infrastructure now if this is going to be the case. It takes the government/council 5 years to build a bridge!

ianc
    Participant

UK - England

The government should of went down the hydrogen route. It cost about £1million per station and there are about 1200 petrol stations in the UK. In the grand scheme of things £1.2billion is a cheap way to build the infrastructure that’s needed

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The future

Photograph

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The past

Photograph

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Supermarket deliveries

Photograph

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Future  Grand Prix

Photograph

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Inner city transport

Photograph

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I like 🙂 lol

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

WARNING think twice about coming to Norwich

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/politics/transport-secretary-s-diesel-car-warning-as-norwich-battles-air-pollution-1-4869316

Cars except taxis are now band from entering the city, If you do you’ll be getting a hefty fine

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

How many of british people have ordered the Tesla 3 yet? I know this is a heretic question in this forum for which I deserve the stake. But have mercy, I didn’t start the fire 😉

In Switzerland there are already about 5,000 Tesla S on the road with ludicrous speed for laughable 115,164 quid. I could make up my mind in a few years. But where do I charge this driving iPad in a department building?

With the Germans and their Diesel-gate now banning Porsche Cayenne alltogether and the announcement of Volvo’s electric only cars by 2019 we could reach the tipping point very soon.

What are Ford’s plans? An electric RS?

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t know if they’ll be an electric rs, but currently you can have an ordinary electric focus

Photograph

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Petrol & Diesel. The Final Nail in the Coffin. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!