Pumabuild and FJRS

Home Forums Performance Engine Pumabuild and FJRS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Contemplating forging the engine, spoke to both of these who seem really good and know their stuff but be interested to hear from people on here who have used them! CheeRS

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry to confirm only interested in people who have used them for rebuilds

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

FJRS did mine

can highly recommend Fred Jonny

Fully forged running M400x

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Yep I’ve decided to go with them and cheers

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Mountune built Nathan Blackmore engine I think 3 times hmmmm or their staff did who have moved on to an independent RS garage which moved from Mountune HQ recently lol maybe or maybe not lol

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

If you look hard enough you will find any garage has a negative customer somewhere…there lots of myths about this engine but ones thing for sure…the engine is chocolate:)

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Ha ha yep you’re right….

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

FJRS did mine. As soon as the run in was complete I got it mapped at sabre.  Done 10k miles without a problem. Would defo recommend.

440bhp

443lbft

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Matt, how long is the run in? Also what map did Sabre do for you? Guessing it gives you the 440/443 as per your signature which seems perfect to me and wouldn’t want anymore personally, how does it handle/feel and what’s the biggest difference you feel?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The 2.3 Ecoboost if built right is a solid motor

You could always try Ford Performance

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6009-23EB

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by white-rs2.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

The run in was a 500miles then back for an oil change then another 500. Think it differs between tuners though. Some people say don’t bother.

The drive home from sabre felt like a totally different car. Its just so smooth compared to what I had on before (dreamscience) on normal mode its standard power then in sport its 440 which is plenty really.

440bhp

443lbft

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Matt, yeah other tuners saying ‘don’t bother’ would worry me and another reason to install confidence in Fred and team!

That map sounds perfect, do you get much torque steer when in sport? I have zero at moment in my standard RS but my ST was insane with it with the Mountune 275 map…

Yes not heard much good about dreamscience but with Sabre lots of great feedback so likely to go there!

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

What sort of cost figures are you quoted and what gets swapped out, might sway me to go ahead and maybe then be a keeper for many more years?

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Hitch the best thing to do is ring Fred and have a chat and then he can email you some packages.

Out of the three places I rang he was the only one that answered, one still hasn’t emailed me back 3 weeks later 🤣 and prob chatted for about 20 mins, he followed up with an email within 10 mins. Spoke a few times more before making my decision

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

👍🏻👍🏻

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Pumabuild and FJRS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!