Rear suspension height difference

Home Forums Performance Handling Rear suspension height difference

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

realshamus007
    Participant

UK - England

After hard driving my rear suspension is at different heights (1″) difference.

It does go back to normal when I take my car out again. Noticed it when my hose end would only go under one side, got the tape measure out and it was an inch higher on one side. It has happened a few times but I don’t always check. Ford checked it, but didn’t find anything. It was high when I got there but they wouldn’t look at it straight away.

I am worried its doing this while driving.

Any one else noticed it?

please take a look at your car straight after some twisty roads and let me know.

Cheers

Shaun

hillman998
    Participant

New Zealand

Very unusual, I have not noticed this. Possible cause might be a faulty shock absorber one side sticking and not returning to normal height after compression.  If you are handy with the spanners you could remove and test or swap them over and see if the effect changes sides. Would also give you a chance to examine all the other components to make sure nothing is bent or broken.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Rear suspension height difference. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!