Review please Mountune Smartflash m380/400

Home Forums Performance Engine Review please Mountune Smartflash m380/400

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Stop wasting time with the higher Mountune crap and put a MSD 380 on, it’s chalk and cheese compared to FPM375.  If you remove it, it reverts back to 375 as that’s the baseline that gets backed up.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

RPJESSEX
    Participant

UK - England

Not looking to start a war, but what makes the higher performance Mountune maps “crap”?

What is so good about MSD380? I’ve not come across this map before so would appreciate some info on this please

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

I ran the Mountune M380 and found it rather underwhelming.  Coming from a 430bhp Impreza didn’t help, I guess!  I went on to the M400 including the required hardware and this, whilst much better, was still not quite what I expected.  The M400R which was a free upgrade to existing M400 users, was so much better but came with the recommendation of forging which had the effect of me not using it to the full!

I have subsequently ran the MSD420 and now, with the engine forged, MSD440 which feels very good and potentially better still once I’ve done some datalogging and the map tweeked by Stu at MSD  All this by the way, using the Cobb Accessport which was originally supplied with the Mountune M380

If I were you I’d certainly give the MSD380 a try.

Johnd

RPJESSEX
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the constructive reply John. Useful info & I’ll look into MSD380!

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

I did a lot of research and MSD seems great, you only have to look at the detail he goes into on the website and emphasis on safety over figures…

start at the beginning and read his articles first would be my advice 👍🏻

https://www.motorsport-developments.co.uk/tech_articles/FAF253.tech1.pdf

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

RPJESSEX
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for this- a very interesting read.

Would be keen to see how MSD380 changes the car over FPM375.

If anyone can describe their experience of this that would be fabulous.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Review please Mountune Smartflash m380/400. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!