RS Perfomance shifter fitted ?

Home Forums Performance Transmission RS Perfomance shifter fitted ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Badrobot
    Participant

UK - England

Finally fitted the PF shifter.

Intially thoughts

nice short shift, feels like more than quoted 10% reduction, could be due to shorter shaft.

shorter shaft takes pressure of wrist when resting hand on the knob.

Shifts feel like they have a little more conviction, if that makes sense!

OE quality, so as you expect quality shifts, should of been like this from factory.

Instructions were pointless!

Worst part of the job was getting the trim above the climate control off. The rest was straight forward.

would I recommend, definitely.

2018 Focus RS Edition

FPM375  Ford Performance Shiter

Badrobot
    Participant

UK - England

2018 Focus RS Edition

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@badrobot

Evening mate!! Interesting…. so is the reduction in throw purely due to the reduction in height of the gear stick?? Or is there differences underneath where the cables attach too??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo

I really hope theirs more to it than that, who did cut the shaft down as it’s not as neat as the original shifter in the photo.

Glad it feels good under hand and the movement is solid

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Badrobot
    Participant

UK - England

Didn’t measure any of the internals, main connector is now billet aluminium and there is an aluminium connector that slide over the shaft under the gator housing.

There is definitely a change in the internals as shortening the shaft alone would increase force required to change gears.  Pivot points have of been changed as changing gears doesn’t require any additional force.

2018 Focus RS Edition

Badrobot
    Participant

UK - England

Forgot to mention I ended up with a LHD unit?‍♂️

I didn’t use the base which isn’t required, thought there wouldn’t be any further problems.

I put everything back together and then realised the actual leather boot is for a LHD! Need to call ford and get them to change it. I’ve got it wedged in for know.

Old leather boot is very different and won’t swap over.

2018 Focus RS Edition

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to RS Perfomance shifter fitted ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!