Scorpion Tracker – Review so far…

Home Forums Technology Security Scorpion Tracker – Review so far…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

As some of you may be aware Scorpion trackers currently have an offer on to us RS owners where you simply pay for the first years subscription and they supply the tracker and install for free. Link is as follows:

https://scorpiontrack.com/product/ford/

I decided to take the plunge and go for the offer after speaking to Allan at Scorpion. Paid the £129 over the phone and the tracker was delivered the next day

Two days later I received a call from the installation company, RS connect who got me booked in for the morning of the 15th.

On installation day the engineer called 20 minutes in advance to advise that he was on route. Once he arrived had a brief chat (socially distanced) and he cracked on.

An hour or so later work was completed. Received all the activation emails from Scorpion so that I can track on the app, put it in service mode etc

All in was a faultless service. I hope I never have to leave a review on how it performs if the car goes AWOL but so far so good.

Just need to inform my insurance company shortly. Not expecting a reduction in premium but if I get a few quid back its a bonus

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Good review

thank you for posting.

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

I was waiting for this, thanks.

Are you aware of there being a time limit on the promotion? I’d like to wait until next month to get this ideally.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Give them a call, option 1 and ask to speak to Allan. Can’t see it being around for long at this price

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo-tone

I’ve also gone for the tracker. Too good a deal not to! Is the Scorpion App any good? Mine arrives tomorrow and then just the installation date to sort.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@Chris-rs380

The app from what I have used so far is good. Shows the route and the speed travelled. You can set other monitors up, drivers etc but not really had a chance to play with it fully

Did not make any difference to my insurance premium but that was not the point of buying it.

For what I have paid vs the added protection I think it was worthwhile

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Is this like a camera where evidence can be used against the driver who fits it ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Kr1s yeah it can be 🤣

I have live track but done in such a way it can be left in the garage if needed… thats why i went the commercial tracker vehicle route, and used the same one as my vans. Main use is its move alarm & geo fence, can be really handy if you leave the car for a service.

The main issue i found it the time it holds the data, i can go back over a 12 month every trip with MPH for all on route

Every dot is a speed change 😬 So you can really can hang yourself if the data gets in wrong hands.

Sds
    Participant

United Kingdom

Is this compatible with Ghost?

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Not 100% sure but I believe so as Allan asked if I had ghost when I originally spoke to Scorpion. There is an option when you purchase for an immobiliser for an extra £100. No idea how or what it does compared to Ghost though

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

I’d love a tracker or camera but there would have to be a quick delete button or an encryption system to access the info.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Saw this yesterday in of all places Aldi any thought worth a punt ?

Streetwize GPS Vehicle Tracker – ALDI UK

https://cdn.aldi-digital.co.uk//709064433277600-A.jpg?o=fKNjy80I8SVhXlJNLsIEj8uELKMj&V=3%40jI&w=960&h=1200&p=2&q=38

Coastliner

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by coastliner.

RST350
    Participant

United Kingdom

Coastliner ,did you see it in store or on their website?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@RST350

It was instore two days ago.

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Scorpion Tracker – Review so far…. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!