Share your little gems

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Share your little gems

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

As the title says if there’s something local to you and you think it’s worth a visit in the U.K. ie, for RS members on holiday, just visiting a place for a day out, stopping off for a pee and tea break. Would you share or would you keep it a secret.

I’ll start off with this, if you are traveling up the A11 towards Norwich it’s worth checking out the Orangery Tea Room for a break. Why because it is in the historic grounds of the famous Formula One race team Lotus (obviously not there now)  a peaceful tranquil setting ideal stop off before heading onto your destination.

Check opening times of course 😹😹😹

Home

Honorary Member

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds and looks like a great stop on a journey. If im ever up that way il try and remember to check it out.

If anyone ever finds themselves in bracknell just keep going haha

440bhp

443lbft

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Matt, thanks, it’s got a good car park too (most people park sensibly) plenty of spaces for the RS 👍

Get that engine sorted then head this way.

There’s a really good pub too but I’ll wait and see what sort of response I get to this 😹😹😹

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Not in the same bracket as Bobcats location but if your passing a place called Wetwang yes it’s a real name not made up in East Yorkshire there is a Fish and chip shop, fish is cooked to order so no standing under counter for ages, before Lockdown it they had outside tables but at the moment it’s takeaway only. But the food is to die for.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, sounds like a great place to stop for fish and chips 👍

Honorary Member

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

I’ll keep an eye on this thread…….

I need to go on a holiday…….. once projects at work settles down.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Another hidden gem, maybe a little of the beaten track but a great place if your out that way or on holiday in Norfolk and need a lunch break.

Homepage

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

There is also a little tea room just off the A47 near a Farm shop cannot remember the exact location but its before Kings Lynn when travelling East or after when travelling west but a massive Farm shop well signed marks the spot, when you pass this you are less than a mile away. Bobcats neck of the woods so he may know the location .

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, of the top of my head the one that comes to mind is The Orchard Farm and Tea Shop. Not sure if it’s the one you’re thinking of, but certainly a good stop of for break.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Heading towards mid/north Norfolk Fakenham is worth a visit and the Owl Tea Room (haven’t been there for a while though).

https://www.owltearooms.co.uk/

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Yes Bobcat thats the one will be calling on the 9th on my way down to inlaws. Garden centre also close by.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, safe trip down 👍

Honorary Member

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Share your little gems. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!