shiny marks on satin spoiler

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing shiny marks on satin spoiler

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

Hi guys,

I have the odd shiny spot on the rear satin spoiler section, i’m guessing this from bird dropping as it looks like its been rubbed. Does anyone know of something that could mask this slightly at least? Google seems to suggest i’m doomed.

Thanks

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Have read of this and see if it is of any help

http://www.stardustcolors.co.uk/blog/how-to-create-a-car-body-paint-with-matt-or-satin-finish/

Honorary Member

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, do you mean repaint in a top coat satin coat to bring it back? sorry if i’m being stupid here.

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yep cam87, once you have gone shiny you cant polish it or whatever back to semi. maybe consider a wrap on the offending part? or as Bob suggests, a blow-over with a satin coat. or just leave it I guess.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

A visit to a recommended paint shop would be my first port of call, as a guess, £50 or there abouts to put right. Hope you are able to get it for less.

Honorary Member

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the replies,

It looks like that is the only option then, i hope it can be matched to the original colour at least.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to shiny marks on satin spoiler. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!