Snetterton track day oct 26th

Home Forums Regional England – South Snetterton track day oct 26th

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Turbo
    Participant

United Kingdom

The RS is now run in (we’ll sort of) so I’ve booked a track day at Snetterton 300 on October 26th through MSV. If any other owners fancy coming the cost is £109 currently but may go up closer to the date.

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calendar/2016/oct/26-op.aspx

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Tony 🙂

I may be able to make this depending on how many miles i have done and also i want to get oil and filter change in prior. I see they have quite a few days planned so maybe of us southern based boys a blast around Brands ay also be an option later in November??

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

Turbo
    Participant

United Kingdom

Good to hear Louie, be great if you can make it.  Hopefully another couple of guys from Ford at Dagenham are coming in their RS mk 3’s too.

I love Brands Hatch as a flowing circuit but wanted to see what the car can do on a longer track with a couple of fast straights, plus Brands always has a £££ premium over the other circuits.

Kitchenspoon
    Participant

United Kingdom

just see brands hatch….ford on nov 2nd..which is great…as a few days later im at goodwood track for hothatch sunday.

Turbo
    Participant

United Kingdom

With previous cars I have dropped the tyre pressures a lot for a track day but with reports of the RS’s odd steering issues with lower pressures I am not sure what psi to set them to.

Anyone have any experience of what works at the track?

Turbo
    Participant

United Kingdom

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Tony

From what I’ve read and understood the best result for track tyre pressures is to drop the pressures by 2psi i.e. Fronts 41 down to 39 and rears 38 down to 36. Allow them to Cool right down before topping them back to normal before you travel home.

Hope this helps

Honorary Member

Turbo
    Participant

United Kingdom

This is pretty much what I did (38 front and 36 rear) and the car handled fantastically. Once the tyres warmed up they gripped like glue and I was able to get on the power out of the corners so much earlier in the RS than in my previous Fiesta ST.

All four tyres have a lot of scrubbing on now though so this does mean they were working hard. May go for the Michelin Cup tyres when I change them but they will cost £50 more per corner!

The RS is so easy and forgiving to drive on a track and can’t wait till my next one which will probably be Bedford Autodrome in March if anyone is interested?

This car needs to be used on a track to appreciate how good it is.

Tony

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Guys,

Would be interesting to see how much the grip and handling is improved using Toyo R888s….I’m thinking of getting another set of wheels and cladding them with 888s as i used these for track days on my GTR and my god they were stickier than superglue!!!!!

CheeRS

Louie

?????? Game REVO

Turbo
    Participant

United Kingdom

This was another thing I was thinking of Louie, maybe 18″ ST or the new optional anthracite ST line alloys to keep the costs down for winter and track day tyres.

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

I get the point about cost……Mmmmm Not sure on 18s bud…..would that compromise the car as 19s are standard.?

CheeRS

Louie

?????? Game REVO

Turbo
    Participant

United Kingdom

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Ford spec the RS in 18″wheels as an option in some markets so it fits over the brake calipers ok.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Winter tyres are 18″ only for the RS according to the supplement.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I can’t see it having much of detrimental effect on track grip but I’ll look into it deeper before I buy anything. ???</p>

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

This is pretty much what I did (38 front and 36 rear) and the car handled fantastically. Once the tyres warmed up they gripped like glue and I was able to get on the power out of the corners so much earlier in the RS than in my previous Fiesta ST.

Top result Tony ?

Honorary Member

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Snetterton track day oct 26th. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!