Soot in tail pipes

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Soot in tail pipes

• This topic has 6 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by LJ.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rssam
    Participant

UK - England

Hi fellas got about 600 on it noticed exhaust has soot it the tail pipes oil level fine no smoke when running is this what your getting?

dan
    Participant

UK - England

Same here. I kno nothing about the workings of cars but im guessing something to do with when the  un burnt fuel is dumped? Hence the pops and bangs?

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

It’s normal for the Ecoboost engine, a trait of direct fuel injection to the cylinder.  I had it on my ST3, looked into it at the time.

Magnetic   FPM375   DSC Controller  Tractive suspension  EBC discs with Yellow Stuff

400andrising
    Participant

UK - England

The pops and bangs will also contribute – it’s why you’ve probably noticed the back of the RS gets a dirty aRSe quicker than other cars you may have owned :D.

My old Impreza had antilag with an aftermarket ECU (as opposed to the fake pops and bangs you sometimes get on the standard ECU flashes) and the rear bumper was constantly filthy!

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

I have the same @250 miles. Thanks for putting my mind at rest too.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Perfectly normal just probably the standard map runs quite rich, infact even a mapped car will still get it. Just coat the inside of the exhaust with a sealant when new so its easier to keep clean

LJ
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Kenny, which sealant is best to use on the inside of the exhaust? Hopefully when my RS turns up i can do this from new. My ST2 is really sooted tail pipes.</p>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Soot in tail pipes. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!