Stirling Ford – servicing

Home Forums Regional Scotland Stirling Ford – servicing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning all,

Thought I would put up a quick review of recent service and mot with Parks Ford in Stirling.

So like most I done a bit of shopping around for prices for my 4th year service on my RS. Had spark plugs, break fluid etc done Jan last year so was only needing a minor service of oil change, oil filter, pollen filter and inspection service. Again like most, prices varied for no apparent reason. People’s Ford in Falkirk is my local dealer and they came in £200 more than Stirling which is 20 minutes away.

On speaking to both dealerships there was no apparent difference in what was being offered and peoples Falkirk couldn’t explain why Stirling was so much cheaper.
    Decision made to go to Stirling. Dropped the car off yesterday morning and went a quick walk until my wife got through and picked me up. I later found out they do a collection service or a courtesy car for the day at a charge of £10 which seems very reasonable and I may do this in the future to save 4 x 20 minute journeys in our family car!
    As many of you will know, my car is a bit of a garage queen and had only covered about 1200 miles in a year so wasn’t expecting them to pick up much. Received my video of the car via email with the technician showing the tyre tread depths (bit thin at 4mm at front and plenty life left with 7mm at rear) which I expected as I check them back and forward. Everything else was spot on and technician even commented on the car being very clean and a good example.
    On collection later in the afternoon I was firstly asked if I wanted my car sanitised and cleaned inside. They said they always ask RS owners as they may not want anti bacterial stuff sprayed all over the interior which I am glad they didn’t as I am very ocd when it comes to cleaning and looking after the car. Some of the hire cars I have had travelling to and from Aberdeen for work this year have been caked in the stuff – staining head lining on A pillars and making glass and plastics all greasy.
    All paperwork handed over with the keys, book stamped and coming in at a grand total of £209 which I thought was decent enough value for service and mot. Based on this I would recommend Stirling Ford to other members.

As a last point, I did remove the dreamscience map prior to taking the car for a service as they did say they would carry out any software updates required. Couldn’t believe how dull the car was driving through without the big wads of torque shoving you along! So now just need to reinstall the map, clean and dry the car then tuck it back up in the garage.

Hope this helps other members in the central Scotland area.
    CheeRS, Neil

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Always good to read a good report on a dealership, thanks for posting 👍

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Always good to here positive feedback. We are all to quick to complain but slow to praise a good service.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@turbo-tone

That’s what I thought, I had a decent experience and was happy with what they charged so figured I’d share.

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I use Parks in Perth (drive from Aberdeen) and had good service so far.

What i find hard to believe is …………….you took your car out in this weather?!?!

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@grunty-motor

Haha I know mate, needs must 😆 put it back in the garage as soon as I got home and been itching to clean it since. Too busy installing a floor in my loft. Will try and get out today and do it… only problem is looking like a nutter as there is a bit of snow lying on the street 🤪

Aberdeen to Perth is a fair old drive for a service and MOT. But at the end of the day if you are happy with the service you get why not. Good excuse to go a drive 👍

bmac800
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Had my car serviced by Parks Elgin who wanted £95 less for the same third year service as Parks Inverness. Elgin did the Mountune kit before (woman I spoke to in Inverness service department hadn’t a clue what I was on about despite being Mountune agents and never bothered to find out and call back)and first head gasket change. Turned out my car needed the head gasket done again and the turbo pipe replaced at the third service.

Beavis
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve just had mine it’s 4 year Service and MOT in Stirling and I was £229 , they sanitised the car ( never asked me if I wanted it ) and I got a courtesy car gratis . I bought the car New from there and it’s been serviced there every year and had all warranty work done also. Cant complain about any service or dealings with the garage.

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi mate I am from Falkirk area and I have had the same problem as yourself with peoples being soo much more than further away. My 4th service is due in next couple months

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Alright thommo,

I’m from Falkirk too and parks Stirling said they could collect/drop off or provide a hire car for the day for a few of £10. Just need to say you need a hire car with about 2 weeks notice. I thought £209 was reasonable enough compared to people’s. Who knows why they are so expensive 🤷🏻‍♂️

@Beavis

yeah was happy enough with the service. Strange there was a £20 difference though. First Focus RS I test drove a year ago was at parks Stirling. Was a nitrous blue FPM375 and ticked all the boxes apart from the seats were the standard ones which I couldn’t get on with. They also had a roush mustang in orange pushing out 750hp when I was in for the test drive!

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bmac800

It seems strange there is such inconsistency between dealerships when it comes to something as basic as a service. Something that other companies do a lot better.

ron71
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Neil I always take my car to Perth from Aberdeen for a service as I know the garage and people very well, Never had any issues whatsoever, they know how to treat the car as it’s classed as an RS garage, as long as I have the car I’ll always go there

Beavis
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K , yeah saw that a few times I’ve been in , not there yesterday. I’m sure it was about £70k , looked a beast right enough. Mines has the standard seats , when I went in to order one in January 17 they asked what colour I wanted , stealth grey or white I said. I’ve a white one in Perth , brand spanking new you can have within the week, whereas the other was a years wait , no brainier for me ! I’d have likes the shell seats , but hey ho happy with what I’ve got.

bmac800
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@NEILRS2K

You would think it would be a uniform price as they are both Parks. Elgin were excellent for servicing, repairs and answered enquiries straight away. I bought the car from Inverness and their sales were great to deal with miles better than Macrae and Dicks used to be but their service department just came across as not interested.

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yeah defo. I went online and it says if I want to book my car in at Stirling it’s £235 don’t know why that is

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Stirling Ford – servicing. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!