Superchips Stage 1

Home Forums Performance General Superchips Stage 1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

vortex66
    Participant

Romania

Hello,

Has anyone done a Superchips Stage 1 bluefin on their MK3 RS? I can’t seem to find some opinions on the map. I’d be interested in having one done since the gains are not that huge and the extra stress on the engine won’t affect it.

For those who have it: How does it feel? How’s the extra performance compared to stock?

Thanks.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Get the FPM375 kit instead and your warranty is safe regardless of engine stress. So if it pops no worries, if it pops on a SuperChips map what you save over the FPM kit will cost you several thousand pounds as these engines are a lottery !!!!! Just a thought

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

vortex66
    Participant

Romania

FPM375 is only warranty friendly in the UK. I don’t live in the UK. Besides, if the engine goes pop, i’ll just put back the original map using the bluefin.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Not sure if Bluefin leaves a trace after you’ve taken it off. Wouldn’t take the chance, but up to you.

ianrs
    Participant

UK - England

I had the bluefin and it freaked out and the dash lit up like crimbo, got the 375 kit and its spot on. I had a bluefin on my fiesta st and mk3 st and they where good but found out it wasn’t opening the recirc on the mk3 st so told bluefin and they changed the map, I’d got with the mountune and keep the warranty

vortex66
    Participant

Romania

Maybe it was in the early stages of decelopment. Hopefully they got it sorted by now. Like I said, 375 kit is not available in my country and the warranty is only valid in the UK.

o1turbo30v
    Participant

USA

Is Revo available near you? I personally would go Revo over Mountune or Superchips.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

This warranty lark is mad.

If I drive in Europe – Germany, Poland or Romania and my car brokedown under warranty. Even thou I have the FPM375 kit installed those countries would be obliged to fix my car under warranty.

As Ford write in their literature about it being a world car and you get the same after care service world wide.

So I’m bewildered has to how they can chop and change what is warranty friendly and what is not.

:-/

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

vortex66
    Participant

Romania

Yeah, would of loved to have the FPM375 available here, and under warranty.

@o1turbo30v
    : I have a REVO nearby. The convenience of having the bluefin and putting the software in and out whenever I please tempted me to Superchips. REVO also seems to extract more power from the RS, not sure I want that since I know the engine is already near it’s max, so I’m after a modest increase tbh.

Gabriel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Superchips Stage 1. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!