Sync 3 glitches?

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Sync 3 glitches?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

dan
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all, has anyone experienced any glitches with the sync 3? I have, but only on one occasion. Basically it all loaded up, but wouldnt connect to phone, so tried turning off the radio with the on/off button, nothing happened, turned off the engine and back on, nothing happened, turned ignition off and got out, locked the doors, still nothing happened! When i say nothing happened i mean the display remained on with music from the radio playing! Dropped the little one off in the nursery and when i got back and jumped in the car it was back to normal, all working fine as expected. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything? Ill let it go this one off time but if it happens again ill have to take it in i guess.

dan
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for quick replies!

thepmp
    Participant

United Kingdom

Would love to shed some light Dan but I’m a mere sync 2 peasant! ?

2016 | Frozen White | All Options (no sunroof)

dan
    Participant

UK - England

Haha no worries @thepmp

carismadave
    Participant

UK - England

Dan, Ive noticed screen stays ‘on’ even after turning ignition ‘and’ stereo on/off button ‘off’ too. I just pressed screen off button I think….bit odd though. Not mastered all the tech yet!

Dave;)

Chapppers
    Participant

United Kingdom

Noticed my screen flickering yesterday, as well as when you come off the phone and change the radio volume, it briefly shows the call volume instead.

Neither of which are worth a mention really! ?

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Dan, Can’t help I’m afraid as dealer paired my phone in a few mins. I think he rebooted the sync 3.

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

Ian Cleaver
    Participant

United Kingdom

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Had an issue with sync-3 today, sat nav lost track of me on the m40, also noticed the directions display in the instrument cluster just had a cog, cancelled trip to try and reset but then it froze, tried turning engine off and on but didn’t do anything, parked it up for about an 1hr all fine again now, putting it down to a glitch, but will keep my eye on it.</p>

66 Nitrous Blue, Sync 3, lux pack, black forged alloys, Nitrous callipers. Custom eTune, short shift, Miltech back and sport cat, revo roll restrictor, RamAir induction, airtec intercooler, uprated recirc and SSC  ???

dan
    Participant

UK - England

Hi ian, mine done something similar a few weeks ago but nothing since

kaney1980
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all,

I’ve had several glitches ranging from screen flicker when connected to the iPhone, randomly worked in Android Auto mode with my Sony Xperia connected even though my main phone is an iPhone and I set it up with CarPlay first (it only lets you have one or the other apparently). Had a few times where the nav and screen froze.

Pretty similar to living with a mobile phone with the most random events occurring.

Haven’t had sound issues yet; not great in general compared to the Harmon Kardon in our 5-Series, but not as poor as most people suggest.

MY2017 | Frozen White | SYNC3

Recaro CS | Sunroof | Luxury Pack | Forged Alloys | Door Protectors

Mountune M400 | Mountune Short-Shifter | Eibach Pro Spring Kit & 15mm Spacers | JCR Super-Low Driver’s Seat Frame

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync 3 glitches?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!