Sync 3 queries

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Sync 3 queries

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mondeoman
    Participant

UK - England

Every time I start the car, all contacts are downloaded rather than the car remembering them from previously.  Also, maps are reloaded and the home button on the navigation never remembers the location – every time I restart the car it shows that home hasn’t been set up although home is there in the favourites list. Once I click on home from favourites, it then shows home correctly on its button.

Can anyone tell me if this is the same on their Sync 3 system?

The dealer looked at it today but has told me that the two cars they have with Sync 3 both behave in exactly the same way, with contacts loading every time, maps loading every time, and the home button not remembering its setting.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Grabbed this from Ford’s website, not sure if its any help:

Automatically download your contacts

After pairing your phone*, slide the Auto-Download contact button On, and your contacts will begin to download.

A confirmation screen will appear letting you know your contacts are downloading. Depending upon the number of contacts, downloading can take up to a few minutes.

*Features are device dependent.

Automatically update your contacts

The auto-download contacts feature will update your phonebook whenever you connect your previously paired phone to SYNC.

So, if you’ve recently added a new contact or edited an existing one, those changes will be made when you reconnect your phone to SYNC.

Set your preferences

Once you’ve downloaded your contacts, you can set preferences for listing them.

Press the Settings icon in the Feature bar at the bottom of the Home screen. Then press the Phone icon for the Phone Settings menu.

Manage your contacts

In the Phone Settings menu, press Manage Contacts.

If your phone is compatible with this feature, the Manage Contacts menu allows you to set preferences for:

Display Contact Photos. Sliding the button to On will display associated photos of your contacts on the touchscreen when you make or receive a call.

Sort By. Choose how you’d like your list to appear, by either contacts’ first or last names.

Re-download Phonebook. You can manually re-download your phonebook while your vehicle is parked and your Bluetooth-enabled phone is connected to SYNC 3.

Delete Phonebook. If you want to delete all your contacts in-vehicle, choose this option. This feature does not delete contacts from your phone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync 3 queries. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!