Sync2 Map upgrades

Home Forums Technology Navigation Sync2 Map upgrades

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

joecosta
    Participant

France

Hello to all,

i have the same issue : Each time , sync invite me to go to dealer to do the update with ” Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack5Rev2.zip ”

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks helping.

Regards.

;o)

Bob Christy
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve come rather late to this discussion.

My Sync 2 maps are becoming out of date and I couldn’t find anything on the Ford UK web site to help regarding updates. There’s a couple of pages that offer links to information on updated maps but both go to pages that do not exist.

That doesn’t say much about the Ford website.

I discussed it with my local dealer. The response led to a long email ‘chat’ with Ford’s “Customer Care” Team.

Your local dealer will supply a new memory card with the current map set for £232. The price includes a booking of one hour in the workshop to insert it into the SD card slot under the central armrest.

I have resurrected my old £60 dashboard mounted TomTom that has fully up to date maps and free future updates for as long as it continues to work. It looks ridiculous in a car with a built-in navigation system.

Neither my local dealer nor Ford UK seems to see the stupity in the price, and have responded with a “Tough… take it or leave it” message.

Regretfully, my spouse and I have resolved that our 30+ year run of one or both of our cars being a Ford has come to an end.

jimbojambojumbo
    Participant

UK - England

there are ways to get the maps and install them to an sd card but I am not sure I’m allowed to post links  i did this recently and I’m now on the F6 maps. it involves using android to run a file to get the serial number of your sdcard(all sdcards cave a unique serial number) and then running a file under windows with the sdcard inthe pc  that then places a file called serial.key onto the sdcard then you add the maps which you downloaded which is a huge download 173 files in .rar format of approx 100mb each the alternative is look for F6 maps on ebay for around £50

Gareth Thomas
    Participant

UK - England

any chance you could PM me with advice on how to go about this

I updated a mates sync3, but cant find much on how to do the sync 2

cheers

Paulo Alexandre da Cruz Furtado
    Participant

Portugal

Hi there

My name is Paulo and I´m from Lisbon Portugal

I just bought a Ford Focus 1.5 TDCI Titanium 2016, it came with Sync 2, I please want to know if i can upgrade it to a FW wich i can mirror my Android phone, and how to do it.

I saw a lots of “|how to…” but i can´t do ti 🙁

PT Navy Diver

Darius Arjomand
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All,

Could you please let me know if you have a download link to version 3.10 for a UK car?

Many thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync2 Map upgrades. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!