Sync2 Map upgrades

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Paulo Alexandre da Cruz Furtado Paulo Alexandre da Cruz Furtado 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

joecosta
    Participant

France

Hello to all,

i have the same issue : Each time , sync invite me to go to dealer to do the update with ” Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack5Rev2.zip ”

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks helping.

Regards.

;o)

Bob Christy
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve come rather late to this discussion.

My Sync 2 maps are becoming out of date and I couldn’t find anything on the Ford UK web site to help regarding updates. There’s a couple of pages that offer links to information on updated maps but both go to pages that do not exist.

That doesn’t say much about the Ford website.

I discussed it with my local dealer. The response led to a long email ‘chat’ with Ford’s “Customer Care” Team.

Your local dealer will supply a new memory card with the current map set for £232. The price includes a booking of one hour in the workshop to insert it into the SD card slot under the central armrest.

I have resurrected my old £60 dashboard mounted TomTom that has fully up to date maps and free future updates for as long as it continues to work. It looks ridiculous in a car with a built-in navigation system.

Neither my local dealer nor Ford UK seems to see the stupity in the price, and have responded with a “Tough… take it or leave it” message.

Regretfully, my spouse and I have resolved that our 30+ year run of one or both of our cars being a Ford has come to an end.

jimbojambojumbo
    jimbojambojumbo
    Participant

UK - England

there are ways to get the maps and install them to an sd card but I am not sure I’m allowed to post links  i did this recently and I’m now on the F6 maps. it involves using android to run a file to get the serial number of your sdcard(all sdcards cave a unique serial number) and then running a file under windows with the sdcard inthe pc  that then places a file called serial.key onto the sdcard then you add the maps which you downloaded which is a huge download 173 files in .rar format of approx 100mb each the alternative is look for F6 maps on ebay for around £50

Gareth Thomas
    Participant

UK - England

any chance you could PM me with advice on how to go about this

I updated a mates sync3, but cant find much on how to do the sync 2

cheers

Paulo Alexandre da Cruz Furtado
    Paulo Alexandre da Cruz Furtado
    Participant

Portugal

Hi there

My name is Paulo and I´m from Lisbon Portugal

I just bought a Ford Focus 1.5 TDCI Titanium 2016, it came with Sync 2, I please want to know if i can upgrade it to a FW wich i can mirror my Android phone, and how to do it.

I saw a lots of “|how to…” but i can´t do ti 🙁

PT Navy Diver

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync2 Map upgrades. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!