Sync3 F8 map update

Home Forums Technology Navigation Sync3 F8 map update

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

bibo
    Participant

UK - England

Since a picture speaks a thousand words, A Video must speak a million…

I made a quick tutorial video on how to navigate Ford’s website, download the update and prepare your usb stick ready to update your head unit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00AzzmlktFA

Taro Yamada
    Participant

China

I updated to F8 successfully by USB.

But a XML file was not created, even I tried re-plugging several times.

In that case, according to instruction pdf, we can download a logging tool from web and use it to solve the issue.

Do you know where the tool is? I couldn’t find it.

MY18 RHD edition from UK

I’m Japanese, not chinese.

Japan is not in location list. :p

Sorry for my poor english.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Yōkoso, demo anata no eigo wa watashitachi no nihongo yori zutto sugurete imasu.!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Taro Yamada
    Participant

China

Thanks. Your japanese too. 🙂

MY18 RHD edition from UK

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

The update to V3.0 and maps F7 worked for me in December last year, however, if I try now…

…The update site now says my VIN does not have Sync?!?

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

mrdream169uk
    Participant

UK - England

My car never created the file needed to update Ford’s system

bibo
    Participant

UK - England

The F8 Maps update on mine never created the .XML file… The v3.0 update did however.

But using the automatic updater built into the head unit I was able to do ~15 failed searches for updates till it had a successful search, Indicated by the current time stamped on last search at the bottom of the screen. This updated Ford’s system of my cars software version

Bluenose62
    Participant

UK - England

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help. I can download the file from the Ford Website no problem, but when I unzip the file I only get 2 files, I don’t get the “autoinstall.lst” file.

Anyone got any ideas? I’ve ensured the usb was formatted to expat as the instructions say, but still nothing.

Thanks

mrdream169uk
    Participant

UK - England

Make sure your doing it via a Windows machine my Mac didn’t want to know at first

Bluenose62
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve done it on both and can’t get to to load that file.

Taro Yamada
    Participant

China

A very small map update has arrived.

I can’t install the file right now, so I don’t know what it is, it may be a bug fix for the xml file problem.

MY18 RHD edition from UK

indyrs
    Participant

United Kingdom

@bibo – Thanks for the details you’ve supplied, I have checked my version of the maps and noted mine says: “Navigation maps version: EU 4 15″…

I have downloaded that 25GB file from Ford and will follow the method you have described, but 2 quick questions if anyone knows:

1. What is the maximum allowable size USB (in GB) you can use in the Sync 3 systems, I know on some older systems (non-Ford) there was a capacity limitation and wanted to know if that is the case with our units? Looking around 128GB USB’s are going for a decent price nowadays and who knows what the next Sync 3 Map update file size could be….
    2. Do  I need to do any intermediary updates of the map software on the RS before I install that 25GB file – I assume it’ll be F8, as I downloaded it today?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo & bda

Got a 2019 map update, glitch free and never looses GPS… ? ?

My mate did show me to how to get the display to show the mustang, rs, st sync start screen and menu etc on his 2018 st. Kind of lost interest when he said i revered back after one go… ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

GM  an atlas was ‘back in the good old days’!! I only succumbed to a tomtomtomtom about 6 years ago. Getting lost with a map( down to a passenger not realising the map was upside down or should be orientated correctly as you drive etc) was fun as you got to visit some places you would never normally get to see, plus you had the fun of trying to find someone for directions, funny how everyone disappeared and all pedestrians had vanished, and yet when you did eventually find someone they would always seem to say “sorry I’m not from around here”!!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gm

Now we’re talking mate!! I can totally relate to “Large 3 miles to 1 inch scale” rather than 46 Gb!! Or whatever they are?? Haha!!

Only problem is Mrs Brembo can’t read a map to save her life!! Haha!! And no amount of teaching is going to change that, lol!! But I’d be happy to pull over and check where we’re at, ??.

Group Buy anyone?? Haha.. ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync3 F8 map update. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!