Tesco Momentum.

Home Forums Performance Fuel Tesco Momentum.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

jackrs
    Participant

UK - England

Does anyone have any real experience with this fuel? I’ve heard good and bad.

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

use it occasionally on all our past cars, usually switch between momentum and shell v power. momentum seems more lively, seems more spikey in power delivery, v power seems to give a smoother response. never had any issues on either fuel in all our cars.

Si

jackrs
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah, I think snobbery has a lot to do with it. I filled the tank with TM this morning and I’m going to stick with it and see how it goes. Thanks.

bigknd
    Participant

United Kingdom

Use TM all the time no issues it’s also a good 10p a litre cheaper than V-power 😉

jackrs
    Participant

UK - England

Epic. Thanks for the feedback.

driver1971
    Participant

UK - England

hi people. New to forum. I have used TM in all my cars focus at 225 (320bhp) fiesta st180. And my 2017 focus Rs. But i have just had a full scorpion exhaust fitted by a mate that manages Halford auto centre. And i commented on the sootiness? of the tailpipes after only a week ( of very big smiles as exhaust sounds amazing when flap is open) his response was “what fuel”. When i said TM he said that would probably be the cause as there is more sulphur in the fuel!
    I am unsure if this is a thing or not.

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

Use TM all the time and haven’t had any issues .

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Soot on the rear bumper is common on this forum, I suspect it is across the board with many fuels, and is more so on tuned cars where the mapping has been changed.

Coastliner

crunchie
    Participant

UK - England

Have used it for years in my MK 2, use in my MK 3 as well. Never had any probs.

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Been running Momentum on tuned hot hatches for nearly 15 years with no issues…

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

Another vote for TM here, used it for years without issue. Also, my closest source of high octane. 🙂

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Used nothing but TM on my rs. My local one is 10p a litre cheaper recently too so a win win. Used esso on my 225st ( running cp340) and sooted the tailpipe up all the time. Not had any issues using TM on my rs though.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Use TM.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Yep, no issues here. I ran V Power only for about 6 months as I was told about several issues with momentum, one of them being sooting of the exhaust but I reckon its brand snobbery. Went back to Momentum and noticed no difference at all. V Power soots up the rear end just as bad, perhaps worse.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

My mates one on vpower and Dreamscience 2+ has very clean tailpipes compared to my std one, I’m sure the Ford map runs rich to keep things cool and Dreamscience runs leaner most of the time apart from when on the beans, along with more advance timing may be why the DS can get better MPG.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Tesco Momentum.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!