The plastic bits at the front and back

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling The plastic bits at the front and back

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Alright,

I know many of us would prefer the carbon parts ie the lower lip, rear diffuser etc but costing a lot of money or trying to find somewhere that does good cheap ones, I think I might just get them sprayed. I’ve asked a few vinyl wrappers because of the material/texture they say the wrap will eventually peel off because it isn’t flat. And the rear diffuser is too difficult to wrap.

Has anyone resprayed these bits?  I’m thinking of going matte or satin black to match the spoiler blade and alloys.

Hopefully someone has and got some pics to share.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve seen pics of a NB with gloss black Plastic, I’ll see if I can find them later.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cool, cheers.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I saw some chap sand off all the texture on the bits then I think he either wrapped them or gloss blacked them. Simples?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Will a proper paint job not fill it out and make it smooth?

Wonder if I can find a body shop to sand it etc.

I’d ppf the front if I got it painted

tomrs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

HI Lucky,

I had the rear diffuser and front lower spoiler hydro-dipped coming out gloss carbon, what a difference it has made. I was also told the same by detailing companies that the existing parts could not be wrapped. You can also get these parts done in gloss black as well if you prefer. Contact Chris at Paintmodz, quality of their stuff is excellent. I have previously had the fog surrounds and wing mirrors, not to mention some interior parts also done in gloss carbon. These cosmetic mods have made a massive difference in a very good way. Cheers Tom

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers. Got any up close pic of these?

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Look on the Paintmodz site for gloss and carbon effect front lip spoiler and rear diffuser to get an idea.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to The plastic bits at the front and back. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!