Thinking about finally going Tractive

Home Forums Performance Handling Thinking about finally going Tractive

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Lewis Monkman
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all,

Been debating going for the full tractive set-up for a while now (already got the DSC) and think I’m about ready to bite the bullet. I’ve read all the posts here I can find and honestly it seems pretty perfect!

Will be going with the touring line, but I’m still trying to get an idea of how transformative the suspension will be as I don’t know any RS owners with it fitted.

So for any owners/people with tractive experience:

In full comfort how does it compare to something like a Focus ST or even a regular focus for that matter?

Do they sacrifice any B road performance compared to the stock revision 0 dampers/springs?

I think Race Shocks is the only supplier now @9designs no longer sells them , but can they be fitted by any garage? (Wales is quite the trek from Teesside)

Last question is more about the DSC really. Does the track profile map to the sport suspension toggle or the track mode itself?

Sorry for the 20 questions, but for £3600 + fitting I want to be as sure as I can be without trying them myself!

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Straight in, 9 designs is the man to advise you, I do believe his email address is on his posts on this forum. I would be discussing all your queries with him by email and not via an open forum for everyone to comment on.

Coastliner

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Happy to help,

Mail me,  9designstechserv@gmail.com

In summary, rides better than my wife’s 1 Series and my GR Yaris  (remember you still have very low profile tyres though, so they can’t fix potholes, only the council can do that!!!) … but improves handling as well…..  They can go all the way to near solid/stiff, ie more than OEM track. … in 5 milliseconds.

Any decent dealer could fit them, with my instruction sheets.

“cake and eat it”

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

It is a lot of money, but I have no regrets. Far from sacrificing B road performance, I now carry much more speed through the twisties. it’s no Citroen ride, but it is easier to live with day to day.

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Tractive are the best of both worlds, comfort when your just plodding about and an instant track car as soon as you press the loud pedal.

9Designs top bloke who knows his stuff, but no longer sells the kit.

The damper settings are still full selectable and each has a specific Tractive map which can all be customised to suit your driving style.

These guys fit and will fully setup your car if so required geometry and corner weighting and they also service and repair Tractive dampers. They even convert the RT kit to allow Tractive camber plates.

TracTive Suspension

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Two version of Tractive dampers for the Mk3

TracTive Suspension-FORD-Focus RS MK3-Semi Active Suspension-Road Track Line
    £3,566.96 + VAT & Shipping

https://raceshocks.uk/product/tractive-suspension-ford-focus-rs-mk3-semi-active-suspension-road-track-line/

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Two version of Tractive dampers for the Mk3

TracTive Suspension-FORD-Focus RS MK3-Semi Active Suspension-Touring Line
    £3,031.25 + VAT & Shipping

https://raceshocks.uk/product/tractive-suspension-ford-focus-rs-mk3-semi-active-suspension-touring-line/

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

And I was cheaper  😀 …….

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Hello 9Designs

Are you now selling these again ?
    As your status is “WAS” lol 👍🏻

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by white-rs2.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Closed my limited company as I’m now a “permie”  …..   So I could still order I guess personally,  but,  isn’t really worth it I guess for the occasional one off sales.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Thinking about finally going Tractive. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!