This forum compared to the 'other' Focus RS forum

Home Forums General Non RS Chat This forum compared to the 'other' Focus RS forum

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

This was the first RS forum I came across, never bothered with the other one. A good place to be with Mk3 owners. Pretty sure that we can moderate ourselves ?

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

I’m on both but choose not to post on the other as its full of know it alls that know nothing and just shout each other down and tell other people how much more knowledgeable they are than everyone else and generally just talk crap.

Sometimes it’s funny to read the posts to laugh at them argue and insult each other constantly and everybody is a time served engineer on there you know they like to tell everyone that often lol

Much prefer this forum always have

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

surprised to hear you say that about the other forum considering you make so many posts over there and go to their breakfast meets, maybe you should put a post up over there and tell them all what you think of them

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

rsgaz, I don’t make many posts there at all ! I’ve been to 5 breakfast meets in 15 months, and the folks that go there are not the moderators who have power trips and think their shit don’t stink, and in any case, they know my opinion of them full well. Oh, and I’m pretty sure they come and view this forum and probably have read this thread already, and if they are not aware of it, I’m sure you will Pm them and inform them! And its not ALL of them as I stated, its just some, and a lot of the members as I said are “normal happy go lucky lads”

oh and if you want an example of their petty snideness, just the other other morning the site was bombarded with spam posts like this site had problems with a while back from weird sounding posters from China or somewhere, I simply put a shout up, not knowing how to report the crap, saying “whats all this pandora crap?” and some member came back saying ” got your wooden spoon back?” to which i said something like ” you did not see the spam attack earlier then, thats what I was on about” I then proceed to get two moderators come back at me with subtle snideness. So, yes I stand by what I put here. Fuck it.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Agree with BDA. I’m also a paid up member of the other site and have been “moderated” for what I thought were reasonable objections/different views to a technical issue. I don’t bother posting there anymore, unless it’s something straightforward and factual. Also, as soon as anyone posts some useful info, it gets moved to the “paid up” area. Anyone who complains about this gets a patronising message about how £10 is a small price to pay for all that knowledge, even though it’s another forum member that’s provided it in the first place! Reminds me of the BBC licence fee. This site is more like an independent broadcaster, whereas the other site………

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

I feel your pain guys, all those nasty people on the other forum! (lol init and other nonsense)

cry

Every village needs an idiot.

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

why would I want to PM a moderator to tell them your opinions,  I’d have to care to do that.

im just saying if I had a problem with people on the other forum I would post it on the other forum, rather than run over here to do it behind their backs which is a bit school yard, but hey each to there own, hope you get it sorted.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

This whole thread is school like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We’re better, their better, to be honest who cares.

If your here, all is well and good. If your happy their, all is also well and good. If your happy in both again all is well and good.

If the moderators are getting over zealous on the dark side, just tell them. Then stand and fight your corner, if your argument holds all the better.

🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to This forum compared to the 'other' Focus RS forum. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!