Time for the replacement

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Time for the replacement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rs-tom
    Participant

UK - England

Last Friday I went to pickup the new car, the dealers (Allen Ford in Warwick) had been given some strict instructions (no drilled plates, no washing the car etc). Arrived bright and early to go through the handover procedure. Had a good look around the car and then headed off to Onyx Automotive.

I arrived just over an hour later to be greeted by Harry. We sat down and discussed the PPF, he showed me the options and we went over it on the car itself. He had a lovely Porsche GT3 in that was having the same film applied, it was good to see the difference between the panels for myself. I decided to get the car under sealed at the same time and to get the roof wrapped, the sunroof stands out a little bit too much for my liking so we decided on a satin black roof. I then gave Harry the DMB stickers, mudflaps and bonnet lifters and headed off to my hire car.

It was a long (very slow) week but finally the day had come. I dropped off the hire car and walked down to Onyx Automotive, I ended up being very early as I had miscalculated the traffic. Harry was just putting the finishing touches to the car when I arrived. When I saw it I realised I made the right decision.

I had a slight issue with the dmb stickers, the front one wasn’t right. It was just too small so I will need to re-order that. The drive home was fantastic though! I can’t wait to finish the first 1,000 miles.

I’m really pleased with the way the car has turned out and the work Harry and team has done. I just need to stop reading the forums/facebook now as people keep tagging me in things to buy 😀 The todo list is already growing…

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@rs-tom, thanks for sharing your journey to ownership. Sadly I can’t access the pics.

Honorary Member

rs-tom
    Participant

UK - England

New pictures that should work:

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Very nice ?

Fully forged running M400x

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Superb ??

Honorary Member

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Time for the replacement. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!