Time to sell up, I think

Home Forums Marketplace Cars For Sale (Mk3 Focus RS only) Time to sell up, I think

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Well after 4 years of ownership it looks like I am going to sell the Rs. Changing jobs after Cristmas and it simply will not be viable to do my commute in the Rs. Will write a full advert at some point in the near future once we get a dry day and I can take some proper pictures. Will also have a laugh at the usual online car selling sites.

Looking for £24500ono

Will stick it through an MOT and service prior to the sale also.

If anyone is interested drop me an email antproud@ntlworld.com.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

oooohhh noooo !! Tone, Can’t you keep it a “Sunday best special” ??!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

I can but it then becomes an expensive paperweight. Two lots of tax, servicing, insurance etc.

To me I would rather have an additional holiday each year then pay for it to stand on the drive

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo, I bet that’s been a difficult decision to make, it’ll be sad day but as you have said things have changed and new direction awaits 😿

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

The words of one of my previous bosses was “Nothing lasts forever” we will all sell up at some stage.

Coastliner

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’m thinking of selling mine next year.. If i didn’t have to splash on the rebuild I would have went for a GTR this year but it’s now out of range.. But then I also hate autos 😂.

Good luck with the sale

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

mine will be passed to my youngest son when I pass on… although I know he will prob sell it but I wont be there to see 🙂

You can’t take it with you, there is no tow bar on the hearse for all your possessions…

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

It’s in my will that any car I may own on my demise goes to my son. Currently that’s the RS, things may change but no plans to get rid anytime soon.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

@lucky could deffo live with an auto if I had a GTR… what a car, only drove one for 30 mins but what a 30 mins… 😬 massive step cost wise from an RS though

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

5 years and I still love mine.

NB FPM375

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Was looking through a current Autocar….. how depressing, nothing I would want to buy looking forward.   So will be keeping mine, 7 years and counting.

Limited mileage policy and SORN for winter are options to keep the running costs down.

GLWTS …..Sad to see another go.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@al-b

Yup a GTR is too much to run and service etc..

After the cost of a rebuild I don’t fancy another 😂.

I’ll have to wait and see what’s about next year to replace the RS with but I will really miss the characteristics, especially a manual.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Yes if you want anything with a proper gearbox the choice is minimal, just took delivery of the last JCW 1 to 6 manual transmission, that should see me out. And like @9 designs RS is sorned and limited mileage insurance won’t be coming out until 1st May. So my GR Yaris is now our daily.

Coastliner

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

I haven’t driven the GR but did try the M2 comp as it was a manual before I went for RS… amazing as you would expect but it didn’t give me the buzz the RS did, like the RS3 (only auto I believe) I was bored with it and it doesn’t stop people in the street like the RS does! I won’t be selling but if I did I really don’t know what I would get unless I had another £30k to spend… it will drive u crazy @lucky. What about a mk2?

Did you say your RS has had an engine rebuild? Be good to know if standard and mileage when it went… mine was with 30k one owner and standard  before it was spotted luckily…. if you have it then will be a huge bonus as future buyers will want this done I’m sure, why would you risk a potential £10k+ bill although I guess you can get warranty as soon as u buy it but I like the peace of mind it gives me.

Keep us posted on what you go for but of course I think you should keep it and this is the reason why…

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

😥

I’ll drive/own mine till the end!

Paid off after two years of owning it anyways, it would cost more to get a new one No mo monthly payments for 3 years now. .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Time to sell up, I think. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!