Top Gear

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Top Gear

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Let’s hear your thoughts on the new Top Gear? For some reason I don’t think its going to be that good…

Top Gear

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

It’s missing the three amigos and it will never be the same; you could lock Clarkson, May and Hammond in an empty, windowless room and it would still be hilarious. People wanted to see ‘them’; the astonishing cars and incredible scenery (remember The Vietnam special?) were just an added bonus. I’m not an Evans-hater and I still want this show to work – let’s give it some time…………….or if you’re like me, you’ll already have Prime and are rubbing your hands together in anticipation.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

First one didn’t go well but may improve over time. They should of changed the format completely rather than doing a bad Top Gear.

Will be watching to see what they do with the Mk3 RS tho 🙂

phil1975
    Participant

United Kingdom

Eddie Jordan on last weeks was absolutely priceless for me! genuinely made me laugh, which the three amigos always used to do. Also Matt Le-Blanc has some good dry humour about him, Chris Evans just turn it down a bit (make that a lot!)  More Sabine, more Sabine, more Sabine…..

scottlpool
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’ve watched it since it started, of course it will never be the same but I’m still watching it at the moment for the cars . Evans is a brilliant presenter but I don’t like him on Top Gear. Did anyone see the Tesla model X on last weeks show ??? Absolute lightning in the drag race i couldn’t believe it . The ratings keep dropping on the show so we will see what happens .

phil1975
    Participant

United Kingdom

Mr Shouty has just quit!

I bet Mr Clarkson has his smug face on right now.

I hope the bbc do give it another chance, any car show on the telly is a good thing in my view.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

and now its…

Save

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Hey, Jeremy. Have you heard the news………….

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Rory Reid for lead presenter!

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Chris Harris and Rory Reid are the future of Top Gear. Get rid of the Stig, get Jenson Button (if he’s free) as the professional driver and get rid of the guest nonsense. Joey also has to go, he was employed as a face and hasn’t got the credibility to be a TG presenter. Well, that’s what I think!

phil1975
    Participant

United Kingdom

I agree with loosing the guest slot, for me it seemed more like half an hour each week than the actual 10 minutes.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

For me its Matt Le Blanc, all the American terms like under the Hood Automobile and trunk, just don’t work. He was OK in friends but I agree more of the extra gear presenters. Evans has gone now so no need to employ someone new. Jenson Button would do well and I agree drop the celebrity slot, maybe get Hamilton head to head against Rosberg now that would be worth watching. Invite all the F1 drivers to post a time.

Coastliner

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Top Gear. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!