Valved or not – whats the difference…

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Valved or not – whats the difference…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Didnt plan on fitting an after-market system but I’m now a little more interested having heard a few systems in the flesh.

Not interested in a Non-resonated system cos I prefer a more suble exhaust note but I notice most exhausts come in 4 options –

The aformentioned non-resonated with Valve, non resonated valveless and then Resonated with valve and valveless.

So the question is simple – what is the difference between the two apart from the exhaust flap (that I currently have disabled on mine with the mod most of us done) apart from the price?  Anything significant I need to know?

cheers…

Just to add – I’ve been looking closely at both Cobra and Scorpion systems which seem to offer great value for money over the Mountune/Milltek systems…

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

By removing the valve you increase the noise levels on start up and running. Resonated or not without the valve each will be louder than one with a valve.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the explaination white-rs2!

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

I have the valueless v3x from mountune,yes a little louder on start up  when cold but it soon dyes down to normal, I did demonstrate this yesterday to fellow RS owners at Fordfair. There is no drone when driving and I was happy to swap from the V3 which I never fitted, I read all the reviews from people who had purchased the exhaust, so I exchange it and it was worth every penny, it has transformed the RS .???

Fully forged running M400x

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Yes as above basically it doesn’t have the valve which is about £150 worth so that’s why the valveless exhausts are cheaper.

Valve v Valveless Exhaust Comparison

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the pics Kenny and to all others for your input.  So many choices!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Valved or not – whats the difference…. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!