Waiting for the delivery, most painful thing I've done yet!

Home Forums General Newbie Waiting for the delivery, most painful thing I've done yet!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Raresh Nicolae
    Participant

Romania

Hello people of the internet !

To knock it out of the park, let me introduce myself and wait for all the jokes. My name is Raresh, I am from Romania ( Bucharest area ) , I’m 28 years old, not a gypsy, I own a small business here and I am waiting for the July 5th, to receive my RS, wich comes in Stealth Grey, standard seats, part leather, Sync 3 with 10 speakers Sony sound, Comfort/Luxury pack and there are probably some things that I forgot. From the list of options I didn’t get the shell seats ( a big guy myself and didn’t feel ok in them ) , the sunroof ( in my sick mind somehow ruins the line of the roof ) , the forged wheels ( might get some aftermarket ones if I decide to wrap the car ) and the Blue color ( might of mistaken with my misses Fiat 500 S in Azzaro Blue ) . Till delivery, I am drooling here and read what the proud and happy owners post. The ones who complain or not in love with the car just get ignored by my brain. This little RS made me drool from the first video I saw on youtube, and made me change my mind about cars. My list to day was made from a Alfa Romeo 155 ( first car ) , a 2006 Mercedes CLK 220 CDI ( got totaled in a crash ) and a 2008 Lexus IS 250. Also my misses has a 2017 Fiat 500 S , and another company car is a Fiesta ST Line Black edition with 1.0 Liter engine and 140hp. Well, that’s it for now, another 6 weeks to go. Cheerio !

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Welcome Raresh.

Least you have not too long to wait. Is there many RS’s in your area?

Chrismurf
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Welcome to a rare Romanian rs fan raresh hope your wait goes quick for you ?</p>

Raresh Nicolae
    Participant

Romania

Thank you Kenny !

I was lucky with the delivery, while I was configuring the car, the dealer told me that I should expect 6-8 months, and then a open slot appeared, as a client canceled his order, and we took it. From the info that I got, there are 2 in the dealers as demo/test drive cars, 3 delivered,  2 in the making ( including mine ) and another slot free. I don’t know if is true, but they told me that the RS orders to Romania are limited to 4 per year. I was lucky to see one, a 2016 make, in a shopping area with a cool owner. Was NB one, with forged wheels, sunroof and the rest like mine. So, nation wide , for the moment, I am part of a more exclusive club than Ferrari !

Raresh Nicolae
    Participant

Romania

Thank you Chris! Well, I’ve read the forum here, watched all the Fezza reviews, and no I just sit and wait, and drool. Lucky me, the business is keeping me busy most of the times, but when I have a spare minute, I dream on driving it.

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Keep watching the videos meantime……the car really is worth the wait. People have noted some minus points with the car, as maybe you will too…….but I have to say that in my opinion there’s far more right with the car, than there is wrong with it. It’s a RS after all ?

Raresh Nicolae
    Participant

Romania

That’s true! Another 6 weeks to go. The up side of it is that I had to Wait 2 months, And not 18 like some other guys. Also, when it will arrive, it will be Even more exotic And rare than most of the supercars, in Romania. And all that in a Focus ?

Raresh Nicolae
    Participant

Romania

YAY ! Got an update from the dealer, he said my RS will be built on 02.06.17 , and might get it a little sooner, in the last week of June. Huge luck with the RS for me, to this point. But damn, if it isn’t a long month ahead. And a quick question, that I forgot to ask the dealer, and maybe someone here had the same spec. Mine is SG , with these options : 19” RS wheels and RS brake calipers. These are optional , costing 250 euros each. That means that I would get the painted wheels ( dark grey ) or the normal polished ones? And the brake calipers , I ques that is the NB painted ones?

focrself
    Participant

USA

Waiting….. tell me about it.  Mines been so long I’ve all but lost interest and am seconds from getting my money refunded to buy another car.  And I’m not even one of the poor souls that ordered one in 16, mine is a 17.

Raresh Nicolae
    Participant

Romania

Well, when I placed the order, I was willing to wait 6 to 8 months to get it, but after the news of getting it early, I just want it yesterday. But it never crossed my mind to cancel the order, I just want to speed up the time. And I am sure that in the moment I get the key in my hand and start it up, all will be good. So cheer up, and let’s find a way to make the time pass faster. Now I am just browsing the internet, looking at videos, reviews, so on. It helps, or make it worse, I can’t decide yet.

focrself
    Participant

USA

My dealer has one just like mine sittin g on the lot with All the same specs but it has a stupid shit moon roof.  Along with the extra weight, lower headroom and inevitable leaking 10 years from now….i think it ruins the lines of the car.  Otherwise I would be driving one already.

Also that gt350R sitting in the showroom collecting dust is looking more and appealing.  I will give it another month.  If I don’t see a delivery date by then, I will be perfectly happy with something else.  It’s already been like 6 months.  I’m seeing them all over lots like a plague of locusts so it’s not down to a shortage of cars.

And before someone says to just canx and buy a lot car……  know that every mile on a lot car was a hard “non broken in” thrashing.  I would know, test drove one and wasn’t easy on it.  Drove it like a rental car, and the dealer employee was telling me to push even harder! What do you think the 19 year old dealership workers do to them in their down time when no ones watching…… enough said.

Raresh Nicolae
    Participant

Romania

I agree. I told my dealer If the car has over 3km , I am not taking it ? I want to bash it first. I didn’t liked the sunroof either. I just hope the car will feel like is worth it, and not have second toughts about letting the Lexus go.

Raresh Nicolae
    Participant

Romania

OMG! OMG !

Got a call from the dealer, the car entered Romania, I am expecting to pick the baby up on Tuesday !! Finally !!! Super happy and can’t wait !

Raresh Nicolae
    Participant

Romania

Got the beast, the Veering issue is still here, built in May. It’s more than I expected And I have a Smile on my face  since I drove it the first time!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Congratulations Raresh, just enjoy and happy RS’ing. The smile will last for a long time.

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Waiting for the delivery, most painful thing I've done yet!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!