what are these clips showing for

Home Forums Performance General what are these clips showing for

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Can anyone tell me what these are for, there are 3 off them ,I haven’t noticed them before , just wondered if something was missing, I do have a different intercooler ??

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

no, thats alright, same as mine 3 clips probably holding that black plastic trim on

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Just found this on you tube is this what’s missing ? I cant see if thats one big chunk of plastic, or if the bit covering the clips is seperate

Car was in with  a dealer last week

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

robroy – Like 71-bda says mate, your car is alright, my car is just the same.

I’ll hazard a guess that’s a picture of a US spec car, as it’s off a C J Pony Parts video.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@overRev

So you have 3 clips showing,  it’s just i never noticed before

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

robroy – Yes mate, 3 clips like yours, they have some tubing mounted to their rear side, I defo don’t have the plastic mounted over the top of it like in the picture that you posted, I’ve even taken a look at the video from where you took the photo from to satisfy my curiosity mate.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@robroy

Evening mate!! I have those clips attached to the black trim and I think they’re holding in the washer jet hose for the N/S Headlamp?? I also fitted my own Intercooler a while back and don’t remember seeing that big foam part. Guess our UK RS’s don’t have it??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

That big black block is a crash pad sits behind the bumper on the backing bar

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks chaps, had another look and i can see the rubber hose now,(should of had my glasses on !)

So as you say most likely holding the pipe up , what is it with owning an rs you get all anal about everything lol, wouldn’t of thought twice about it with other cars 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to what are these clips showing for. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!