Wheels

Home Forums Styling Wheels Wheels

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Al Kirk
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi,

I am working over in the USA at the moment and I have seen 2 mk3 RS on the road with the standard alloys but in a dark finish and they look really good.

After checking on the Ford website for the USA it appears these wheels are the standard wheel and the black forged wheel like the UK is an option.

I called my dealer in the UK to ask if the standard wheel in a dark finish could be offered to UK customers and they knew nothing about them.

can anyone on here tell me if these wheels will be available for UK customers ??? I have specked my car with the black forged wheel but personally I think the standard wheel in a dark finish looks better.

cheers

Al

dentaid
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Allan, unfortunately the grey wheels arn’t an option in the uk for some reason but they are in the rest of Europe. I’ve found a couple of places that sell them here, Jennings ford in Middlesbrough being one,( part number 1937379) but they are £246 each, not bad price for genuine wheels but you could get yours powder coated for about £50 each for a spot on job.

dentaid
    Participant

United Kingdom

Sorry Allan didn’t spot that you’ve gone for the forged wheels, I must of seen about 50+ cars go out at Bristol st and most of them had the forged ones, I had mine with the standard wheels but I keep looking at the forged and thinking they look a lot meaner. I’m toying with the idea of getting mine powder coated in grey but I’m not sure. I’ve seen a few done in gloss black and they look ok but they don’t do it for me. Which ever you go with you will be happy.

Al Kirk
    Participant

United Kingdom

Ok Adrian thanks for the info.

I will stick with the forged for now unless the standard dark finish become an option in the UK before mine goes to build. My car is also on order with Bristol st.

GrahamH
    Participant

United Kingdom

Tried Guildford Ford for wheels both the euro spec grey and an extra set of standard ones and they said they could not supply either. Load of rubbish I think. Not very helpful at all.

Al Kirk
    Participant

United Kingdom

I have contacted ford customer relations regarding the lack of the dark tint wheel option for UK customers. They have acknowledged receipt of my email but I’m still waiting for an official response.

There is a brand new Nitrus Blue mk3 for sale on eBay with the dark tint wheels fitted.

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Don’t get this cant get in UK  from Ford, the cars are built in same bloody factory cant see how all customers cant pick from all avail options no matter what county you are ordering from. My salesman said same as what Adrian said could get the std silver wheel painted for £ 250 the set but opted to stay with the forged.

Al Kirk
    Participant

United Kingdom

Your exactly right Stuart all the same options should be available to all countries. As you said it’s not like they are built in different places.

I will let you know what the official response from ford is when I get it.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

It’s mental and you can even buy the dark grey multispoke standard wheels from your local Ford dealer but not with the car

https://www.jenningsmotorgroup.co.uk/shop/view/1937379-ford-focus-rs-alloy-wheel-19-magnetite/

Madness!

GrahamH
    Participant

United Kingdom

Ford just don’t seem that organised or interested in helping. Long term maybe the group could get a contact higher up the food chain into ford rs development      So the forum could get some better information and liase through  single point of contact on issues? Dealerships are just not interested other than selling you a car .

is there a Ford Europe or Ford UK customer service number or email we could get?

Al Kirk
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Graham,

Yes there is a customer relations department at Ford and I have emailed them about this issue. They have confirmed receipt of the email but they have not yet responded with an answer to my question about the wheels.

GrahamH
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks Allan
    Speedy customer service then. Would be good if we can get some rapport going with them for future stuff also. It’s finding the right responsive person who appreciates the owners and this club.
    Look forward to finding out why they dont sell all options in the UK. Maybe they foresaw Brexit?.

Robert Weidauer
    Participant

Germany

Hi guys!

I have a RS and I am from germany (yes I already maxed it on the Autobahn, 275 KM/H ~ 170 mph). The reason why I am writing this, is beacause I need your help to get the wheels I want. Bola B10 (8,5 x 19), the problem with this wheels is, that nobody can give me any official information about how strong they are, which I need for the german TÜV. One retailer wrote on his website, that all the information I need are pressed in the wheels. but they couldnd’t give me the information because they don’t have the wheels in stock.

Does anyone of you guys have the Bola B10 wheels and can please give me the information I need?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Hi Robert, assume you have tried the manufacturer website: http://bolawheels.co.uk/

How is the strength rated? Is it the material used? What details from the wheels?

Larry Zimich
    Participant

Canada

Seems Canada is a lot different with standard equipment.

We get the black alloy wheels and a second set of winters in silver (so road salt doesn’t show)

Not sure why so different

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Wheels. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!