Which low entry jack?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Which low entry jack?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

I want a low entry jack (and jack pad) has anyone got any recommendations? It won’t be used frequently, poss every 3 months or so to get the wheels off for a deep clean.

i also want a better wheel nut wrench… I have a telescopic one from Halfords but seems to drop/droop on the nut when giving it some, and grinds against the wheel which then starts to round the edges of the nut slightly.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi the Mk3 Focus ST jack fits perfectly

The part no is 5299678.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

There’s a thread on here somewhere recommend jacks. I’ll have a look 👍

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve found one…. in ask the experts around page 22

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by bobcat.

whg2
    Participant

UK - Wales

Costco do a low level 3t trolley jack, it’s now in steel, Arcan make, about £130 delivered. I have the previous one in aluminium which is 2t rated, great jack, I bought it on a recommendation and have not been disappointed <!–more–>

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Is the car lowered?

I got a heavy duty 3 tonne high lift jack so it would be suitable for my disco sport aswell. Only problem is I need to drive the car on to a couple of old slabs to get the jack under the front due to how the car sits as standard. Fits under the back no problem though.

I also bought a RS jack pad from 9designs on here. Very good quality and looks cool with he RS logo embossed!

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve got insulated sockets to protect the wheels, I carry a spare full sized wheel and dewalt nut driver and two batteries it is torque set perfect for the wheel nuts

i have  a scissor jack with an adapter I’ve made that I use my nut driver to raise and lower the car that’s in the boot ( socket with slot cut in it basically)

Car up in the air in seconds without hitting your knuckles on the floor, wheel off and on  in no time, it’s safer, faster and was an excuse to buy myself more tools!

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

When I clean my car it takes about a minute to whip each wheel off, it’s sounds a bit cocky but my back is not good! I jack the car up with my ratchet put my wheel dolly under the wheel and whizz the wheel off and dolly the wheel away 👍😂😂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Which low entry jack?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!