Why is the FRS handling so bad?? How do I fix it?

Home Forums Performance Handling Why is the FRS handling so bad?? How do I fix it?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Avoid H&R springs, far too hard and not suited for UK roads

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

jamors
    Participant

Australia

You can turn PDC off yourself by using Forscan and a cable to suit, using your laptop.

Fuck the dealers, they are fuckin monkeys.

Steve Kozian
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All,

thanks for the continued messages. I’m still waiting for any replies from the garages I’ve messaged. As yet a flat no from Ford. So it will be an independent or I’ll have to buy a laptop and purchase Forscan myself. Simple enough to use?

I’m currently pricing up coilovers. With a nc500, Welsh Weekender and a ring trip all planned later this year. I really want the the car to feel much more stable.

Had the alignment done again but they didn’t change barely anything. It’s still the same handling wise.

For reference I’ve already had 3 tyres sets in a year. Mp4s on the car when I bought it. Conti sport 6s 2 months later and then MPS5 7 months later. All have the same issue.

Again to reiterate ford have said all the suspension components are good. I do wonder though if they are just worn n tired. So again ..coilovers. I don’t really use the electronic dampeners but of course concerned for resale I guess id like to keep it mostly stock. But. Needs must.

Will say I’m very much used to cars with feedback. Coming from m3, megane RS, Impreza sti etc. So I like feedback but it’s a very different xp in the focus. It was not what I was expecting.

Would anyone recommend coilovers? I’m leaning towards to KW v3 or Nitron.

Thanks for the continued support.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Nitron awesome with the KW cancellation gizmo to remove the dash error light.

KW V3 are no better than the Ford OEM dampers as they use the same damper valve as each other, KW just have a really well matched spring.

H&R and Eibach springs are rated the same lbs the difference is H&R are linear and Eibach are progressive, so the H&R feel stiffer as it’s the same weight throughout the whole compression and the Eibach achieve full lbs on say 50% of spring compression.

The Eibach start off lighter inducing badly roll and ramp up to full stiff during spring compression. So the Eibach feel softer for general driving and ramp up when you get a little spirited.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Theirs always the option of a DSC controller with the existing damper setup

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I’m obviously biased, but DSC then Tractive dampers is best option for the RS…

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

I have a MY18 that has the rev2 dampeners and its not as bad as the first gens.

What made it more comfortable is the DSC Controller for sure.

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

• But The pdc off will be the answer

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2 interesting info on the springs, never knew that 👍🏻

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Why is the FRS handling so bad?? How do I fix it?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!