Why men should not write advice columns

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Why men should not write advice columns

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Dear John,

I hope you can help me.

On Friday I set off for work, leaving my husband at home watching TV. My 3 series BMW stalled and then broke down about a mile from home. I walked home to get my husband’s help.

When I got home I could not belive my eyes, my husband was in our bedroom with our neighbours daughter!

I an 32, my husband is 33 and the neighbours daughter is 20, we have been married for 12 years. When confronted he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for 6 months. He won’t go to counselling.

I am a wreck and need advice. Please will you help.

Sincerely Sharon

Dear Sharon,

A car stalling after been driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine.

I suggest starting with checking there is sufficient fuel in the tank, followed by checking there is no debris in the fuel lines. If these are correct, then check the vacuum lines and hoses on the inlet manifold for leaks. If non of these solve the problem, it could easily be the fuel pump is faulty causing low delivery  to the injectors. Replacement is straightforward, you will require a 10mm Spanner, flat blade screwdriver and a container to catch the fuel. Ensure you disconnect the battery first and have a fire extinguisher at hand.

I hope this helps

John

May the Ford be with you

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Why men should not write advice columns. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!