WMI Proper fuel and a good clean for the valves!

Home Forums Performance Engine WMI Proper fuel and a good clean for the valves!

• This topic has 24 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by GM.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Finally had my WMI fitted, shocking when you see the build up on the valves… 16K no short trips, always has a good blow out & using mountune upgraded baffle plate. All starting to build up nicely.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

The amount of crap being blown out is mental! below was just after a clean and 30 mile run, a little spirited 😂… The system is not tuned for power yet, thats booked for 3rd of December….

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

A little spirited? 18.5mpg is a bit more than a little!

Autobrite purple rain will sort out the crap out on the back of your car.

Engine bay looking good, can’t wait to get my Ramair on at the weekend now my plugs have turned up.

Are you running a short shifter at all?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@turbo-tone i don’t get more than 19 average… i do smile all the time tho 😂

Going to wrap my pipe with the high quality tape at some point, the sound of the ram air is mental.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@gm

Whats the rough cost to have a wmi supplied and fitted also am I right in saying if you had wmi you could increase power( ie over stage 2)  without forging , bit like they used to on the mk2 rs

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

btw engine bay looks very neat 👍

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@robroy most prob 20 extra when tune done… ill put up the dyno run when done by sabre on the 3rd of Dec… Its the first step for me for more power, forging will come next, hopefully with 2L block…

Cost is totally what you want to make of it, I’ve gone 5 jets, big tank and all the bells £1800 ish…. Ive not really done it for the power alone, cleaning, cooling & your running approx 100-115 octane fuel.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

It certainly has a lot of benefits,  ah ok so yours is a stage 2 plus wmi ?

will defo be interested to see results  when its mapped,  I was also tempted by sabres hybrid install , seems good value and doable on a standard engine

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@robroy yes all stage 2 running DS U3.. and ETS intercooler, mountune boost pipes, scorpion full system with 200 cell cat..

Sabre has got real good results stage 2 with WMI… going to speak to Leighton, about whats next… Cam’s in new year tho for sure 🤣

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

It will be interesting to see the after images of the gunk on the valves.

Coastliner

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@coastliner think it will take a while as its baked on, going to give it a few months then take off inlet manifold and check again. Just might might have to do a few more miles than normal.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Be really interested to see inside a daily driven, inlet manifold.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to WMI Proper fuel and a good clean for the valves!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!