WRC Rally Sweden

Home Forums General Non RS Chat WRC Rally Sweden

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anders Wigenstam
    Participant

Sweden

Hi!

Did anyone watch the WRC rally in Sweden this weekend?

It was all held in and around my hometown Umeå in the north of Sweden! (The cars actually passed my house less than 20 meters on one of the transport stages.)

Great weather and good winter conditions all weekend and a promise from WRC to come back to Umeå for the next two years!

More horsepower to the people!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Anders, no I haven’t seen any  WRC rallying for a couple of years now. How exciting for you to have them going past your house and being so close too 🚗🏠🌨👍

Honorary Member

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t follow wrc but it’s something I really want to go watch one day.

440bhp

443lbft

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Matt. B, several years ago now watch the Welsh stage a couple of times, cold but exciting

Honorary Member

GlennRS
    Participant

UK - England

I see it was taking place, which got me thinking, what a great experience I had 19 years ago, with the Subaru World Rally Team at Hagfors!

I was in the manufacturing department at Prodrive at the time and we were allowed to attend one rally as a “go-for” to let us experience a team event. I chose the Sweden event…no one else actually wanted to do it….too cold!?👌

I absolutely loved it, as part of the service crew, I stayed in a log cabin in some woods north of Hagfors, getting up at 4.30 am and kitting up for the -30 degrees outside! Frozen diesel in the trucks, trolley jacks that would not work!….but what a beautiful place, what I managed to see!

Spent the last night at the team hotel back in the centre of Karlstad and the night out to celebrate our win, dressed in SWRT kit was just awesome, people just wanted to buy us drinks all night!!

Good times, wonderful place and people.👍👍

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I follow up on the WRC website….  wasn’t a good day for Fords ……   GR Yaris dominated by the looks of it…

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

P T
    Participant

UK - England

On TV tonight Wed March 2nd

ITV4 8pm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to WRC Rally Sweden. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!