wrong handbrake adjustment

Home Forums Performance Brakes wrong handbrake adjustment

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

hi guys, not posted anything for awhile so thought I’d share a recent job I’ve done on the RS lol.

The car was mot’d yesterday and saled through really. It was noted though that although the handbrake passed the efficiency,  the drivers was less than the passenger. So not wanting it to develop into anything I had a lookski today.

Found the pads were free etc. Found the drivers handbrake lever was half inch off the stop, where the passenger was fine. Removed the cable off the caliper and the handbrake lever flew back to the stop as it should, so caliper is fine. Tested the cable wasnt sticking, nope, cable is fine. Found the adjuster nut inside the car, under the lever trim was an inch and a half down the threads 🤷‍♂️.  Wound this right back, fitted the cables back to the calipers. Then wound the nut inside the car back up as required,  handbrake is now perfect. I guessed this has either been like that from new or when the fsa was carried out they adjusted the handbrake up 🤷‍♂️. Not had the car anywhere else as I do all the work.

Happy RS’ing guys

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to wrong handbrake adjustment. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!