Aftermarket audio upgrade

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Aftermarket audio upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

thepmp
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Due to the disappointing audio quality in the RS I will soon be upgrading all of the speakers with components in the front and replacing the boot floor sub (probably with separate amps powering them). This will all be linked to the sync system and be completely hidden so OEM appearance.

I know I’m not the only one disappointed with the sound from these so has anyone else started to upgrade yet? If so what kit have you used?

cheers,

Phil

2016 | Frozen White | All Options (no sunroof)

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Will watch with interest…. what brand and cost?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Connects2 do the collars needed for the front speaker upgrade

I have Phoenix gold components for the front doors and will put the same in the back when I get a chance !

thepmp
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks Chris,

I have a Rockford Fosgate shallow enclosed sub that shall probably be going under the boot floor, I may well go for all RF kit (I did in my last car but powered by an Alpine amp, which I was very happy with)

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Have you had the amp update ?

thepmp
    Participant

United Kingdom

Don’t think it’s been done, my trail of thought was if I’m putting an external amp on that I won’t bother! (Unless there is still reason to?)…

carismadave
    Participant

UK - England

I did think about upgrades but where do we stop? Went mad in my other car….not doing it again. Would love to transfer my Kef uni-q 8’s but theyre hust too big!

mind you, noticed stereo stuff is soooo cheap these days! Some of my old Phoenix Gold/Genesis stuff cost £££££!

Dave

thepmp
    Participant

United Kingdom

Yes Dave, I had a few genesis bits and they cost a bomb but great quality!

will update the thread when I’ve put my hand in my pocket!

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Had a installer quote me 330 quid to replace all 4 door speakers with pioneer component speakers. Might be a help and still look standard.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

thepmp
    Participant

United Kingdom

Sounds good Steve although I would suggest an after market amp hidden somewhere to power them if you’re going down that route… might as well feed them what they’re capable of taking rather than the weak budget ford amp!

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

Easing this thread with interest for when I get my car back…..anywhere else anyone found suitable for a sub/amps given tchonology and size now, other than the boot floor ?

I will have the custom fitted dog crate….is why I ask

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

Reading not easing !!

Laren Guthrie
    Participant

Australia

Hi guys,

On this subject, the Aus/NZ cars do not come with a sub at all (nor an option for a sunroof which was also disappointing). Has anyone fitted one in the factory space below the boot lining & can it be connected to the sync 3/Sony system without adding an additional amp? Thinking of putting in a shallow-mount aftermarket model into the OEM space. Any tips/advice or recommendations?

Eddiewin87
    Participant

Australia

Laren Guthrie, good question as I was thinking the same thing. Also does anyone know if it would affect the Warranty of the RS or will it only affect the sound system part of the vehicle?

Surly if a aftermarket sound system was installed and a engine problem (Faulty HG) was to occur Ford would still have to fix it?

Aussie V8 rivalry is dead.

Holden V8 Traitor.

xForce 3″ catback varex exhaust

Mountune Cold Air Intake

Forge Recirculation Valve

Dreamscience Ultima 2

Magnetic Grey

Gel spoiler inserts

Chrisbuer
    Participant

UK - England

I’m upgrading my speakers soon. Not going too crazy but changing the components and tweeters in the front doors and having dynamat installed. Then running a small amp to them along with a digital bit processor and a small sub.

Ill post some videos of the before and after when I’ve had it done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Aftermarket audio upgrade. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!