CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS

Home Forums General Non RS Chat CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

• I have just taken delivery of the new bmw m2  after parting with the RS last year  would love to read your thoughts !!!?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hope it’s a manual, as that would be my choice but would defo need three pedals.

Coastliner

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

To be fair they look quite a nice motor. Should have to drive one before passing judgement.

What are your thoughts vs the Rs?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

1. Hi gents yes 100% manual transmission old school driving  for old school gent 😀

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

I got to have me 4 doors.

You do you.

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

is it a sort of blue similar to those hyundais or a grey i cant really tell with that pic

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

I priced a build with all the carbon etc it came out at £70k good looking car tho

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry , just not for me. I think the earlier model had a nicer shape, the new one looks like a student designer has been at it. At twice the price of a GR Yaris its utter bonkers ( I costed one up and it was over £75000!!) so I will keep the GR and could have a hot Caterham 7 on the side for pure raw fun for the price of the Beeemer !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

BMW just nail that aggressive look, always have done

beautiful car and as it’s a manual gets the thumbs up for me… drove an M2 competition before and was very tempted before I got the RS but just not as much fun… maybe when I turn 60 🤣

If the cost is near £70k I would be looking at a Porsche though, another league for sure

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi gents thanks for all your comments so far this m2 gets alot of comments on its looks and the color blue similar i must say? but it does look awesome in the flesh and drives amazing don’t get me wrong I loved my rs and did miss its caricature and quirks a lot of fun with that car lots of changes on the way with cars good and bad

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Personally I much prefer the looks of the previous M2 Comp,,,, a car I’ve been very tempted trade my GRY in for, the RS not!!  Afraid the new one just looks to big, heavy, the brutal styling doesn’t appeal me, plus it’s crazy price. Yeah for that money I’d see what Porsche I could get, or the latest 240i looks a very nice car…..It’s a no from me.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Only having 2 doors is an issue for me so BMW wise I would have to go for the M3. Which then means even a decent spec 20 reg would set me back 50k. At which point I dont see any point in loosing the Rs. Glad your enjoying it

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

paul-m-2
    Participant

UK - England

Like the look a lot, very nice motor.

kaxe
    Participant

UK - England

Cool, looks like some futuristic thing… enjoy!

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Great choice, pretty jealous to be honest.

It’s ironic that BMW are now charging, as an optional extra, a manual box. It would have to be manual for me, perhaps a future classic?

The silly list price means this is out of reach for most people though. Not sure what the leasing costs are, a friend ran a M3 and paid £800 on a PCP deal. Kept it 3 years then handed it back!

The previous M2, in competition flavour, would be on my list if I decided to sell the RS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!